Senior Database Engineer, Operational Excellence
Meet Our Team:
As a member of Service Reliability Team (SRT), you will be responsible for the reliability and availability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Krakow, Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will have the opportunity to work on complex problems and apply your expertise and experience to improve reliability of Pega Cloud Platform. You will take personal ownership of the systems you manage and possess the tenacity to delve to the root of the problem quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it from reoccurrence. By collaborating and communicating with customers and internal stake holders, you will deliver best in class support.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Own database reliability, automation, and performance as we grow our platform
• Handle alerts, incidents, service requests and changes within SLA. Own customer escalations
• Troubleshoot and resolve customers environment issues along with root cause analysis and blameless post-mortems
• Influence product teams on defects, feature, and enhancement requests to help build scalable, reliable, observable, available and highly performant services
• Create and maintain operational runbooks
• Identify the needs and build tools to automate repeated operational tasks and reduce toil
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business goals
• Participate in after hours on call rotation including weekend shifts
Who You Are:
• Proven professional and technical experience in an enterprise cloud environment supporting SaaS applications with a focus on operational delivery excellence and customer service
• Passionate about continuous improvement
• Work well with cross-functional global and remote teams
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, techniques, and tools quickly
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, enterprise environment
What You've Accomplished:
You are skilled in Postgres / MongoDB, AWS Cloud, Linux, Middleware and DevOps Technologies, and have accomplished the below:
• 4+ years of operational or engineering experience of building and maintaining mission critical production database systems in a global enterprise
• 4+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux Administration
• 1+ years of hands-on operational experience with AWS
• Deep understanding of PostgreSQL server architecture, RDS database internals and their administrative tasks including installations, upgrades, monitoring, backup, and recovery
• Strong understanding of SQL in the context of driving optimal application performance
• Experience configuring database high availability, connection pooling, and load balancing
• Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
• Experience working on Java technologies and understanding Java/JEE fundamentals
• Administration of web servers running Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Nginx
• Experience in configuration automation tools like Ansible
• Experience in Python, Bash, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
• DBA certification in Postgres or Oracle
• AWS Certification, a plus
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Flexible work mode: remote/hybrid/office. Our modern office is located in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center). We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement