Senior Cloud Operations Engineer, Operational Excellence
Meet Our Team:
As a member of Service Reliability Team (SRT), you will be responsible for the reliability and availability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Krakow, Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will have the opportunity to work on complex problems and apply your expertise and experience to improve reliability of Pega Cloud Platform. You will take personal ownership of the systems you manage and possess the tenacity to delve to the root of the problem quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it from reoccurrence. By collaborating and communicating with customers and internal stake holders, you will deliver best in class support.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Handle alerts, incidents, service requests and changes within SLA. Own customer escalations
- Perform provisioning of new environments and upgrade of the Infrastructure components & Product application
- Troubleshoot and resolve customers environment issues along with root cause analysis and blameless post-mortems
- Influence product teams on defects, feature, and enhancement requests to help build scalable, reliable, observable, available and highly performant services
- Create, review, and update operational runbooks and Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancements with Engineering
- Identify the needs and build tools to automate repeated operational tasks and reduce toil
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business goals
- Participate in after hours on call rotation including weekend shifts
Who You Are:
• Proven professional and technical experience in an enterprise cloud environment supporting SaaS applications with a focus on operational delivery excellence and customer service
• You are self-motivated, inquisitive, and creative, with a passion for continuous improvement and excellent people skills
• Works well with cross-functional global and remote teams
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, techniques, and tools quickly to meet our business requirements
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, enterprise environment
• Possess customer obsession and proven empathy towards customers
What You've Accomplished:
You are skilled in Cloud, Linux, Middleware and DevOps Technologies, and have accomplished the below:
• 4+ years of hands-on operational or engineering experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Java applications and Apache Tomcat application servers
• 4+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux Administration
• Experience with microservices architecture with Kubernetes is strongly preferred
• 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Exposure to additional public clouds such as GCP or Azure, a plus
• Deep understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, platform, and application operational administration - including product and platform upgrades, installations, backup, and recovery, monitoring and observability, etc.
• Experience with analyzing performance, using tools such as thread and heap dumps with a strong understanding of JVM memory structure and garbage collection concepts
• Administration of web servers running Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Nginx
• Knowledgeable in database troubleshooting and SQL skills preferably PostgreSQL or Oracle
• Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
• Experience in configuration automation tools (Ansible, etc.), a plus
• Experience in Bash/Shell, Python, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks, a plus
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 19318 #LI-AB5
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.