Cloud Operations Engineer (Hybrid)
Meet Our Team:
You will be a key member responsible for the availability and reliability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is expanding its Cloud Engineering & Operations organization due to explosive growth and has an opportunity available for a Cloud Operations Engineer. You will be responsible for monitoring, alerting and handling service requests, incidents and phone calls. In addition to this, you will be responsible for qualifying received Incidents, Alerts and Service Requests, and to resolve the issue as quickly as possible including timely transfer of the incidents to next level of technical support and also keeps customers informed about their Incidents status at agreed intervals.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Handle all Service Requests, Incidents, Alerts and phone calls within SLA
• Perform Initial Investigation and/or troubleshooting of Incidents
• Monitor Alerts with NOC monitoring Tools
• Manage Alert Monitoring and Ticketing Queue to resolve issues within SLA
• Follow the SOP to resolve the problem and ensure process adherence
• Escalate tickets as required if troubleshooting steps do not resolve issue
Who You Are:
You are a solid front and back-end engineer with a compelling tech support background. You should have good technical and support background in 24*7 production support environment.
What You've Accomplished:
- 2 years of Hosting and/or Cloud operations, NOC production support experience
- Managing Servers in Cloud environment preferably in PaaS, SaaS
- Experience working in Cloud based infrastructure
- Experience in geographically distributed systems
- Experience in configuration automation tools (Chef, Puppet etc.,)
- Basic Linux, DB, App and Web tier troubleshooting skills
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Ability to multi-task and work during production crisis situations
- Good understanding of ITIL process specifically – Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and Escalations
- Good Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Support coverage in shift – 24*7*365 on rotating schedule
- You must be a resident based in Sydney
- This is a hybrid role, 2 days in a week to work from office
Pega Offers You:
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets to consider opportunities at Pega. At Pega, we focus on the skills needed to be successful and we know that our employees can thrive even if they don't possess a traditional background. If you like the sound of this role, but are not sure if you are the right person, please consider applying. We would love to hear from you!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice
Pegasystems Limited UK Gender Pay Gap Statement