Senior Principal Software Engineer
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Designing and implementing enterprise-level features in the new InfinityX platform with key emphasis on scalability and performance.
- Maintaining the existing InfinityX platform and ensuring the longevity of its function.
- Definition, refinement, and clarification of the business domain problems and turning the proposals into architecture and technical solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow peers on the design and provide commentary and instruction on proposals.
- Work with Product Owners and Architects to bring in new architecture and design patterns, programming approaches, and tools to enable the development practices and processes of their teams.
- Design and develop microservices.
- Operate Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Mentor engineers to learn and adopt these best practices.
- Handle customer questions and escalations for the InfinityX platform.
Who You Are:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Applied Computer Science/Engineering or related field and 8 years of experience in developing enterprise-grade software for implementing model-driven business solutions and applications.
- Experience specified must include 7 years’ with the following: architecting and designing enterprise grade software, including micro-service solutions, service ecosystems, and monolithic architecture; directing architectural decisions, collaborating cross-organizationally, and instructing teams on goals and feature development; utilizing understanding of broad architectural decisions and taking ownership of the team's services; and developing performant, secure, reliable, asynchronous solutions.
- Experience specified must include 5 years’ writing Java Enterprise applications and java-based software development; and applying schema design and management, using SQL and no-SQL.
- Experience specified must include 3 years’ applying Agile, TDD, and CI/CD methodologies; writing clean, modularized code and unit, integration, end-to-end and contract tests; and providing mentorship, pair programming, and knowledge transfers.
- Experience specified must include 2 years’ writing applications with Kotlin and using REST; utilizing Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, Springboot, Micronaut, and AWS; utilizing RDBMS and MongoDB; and writing technical guides.
- Telecommuting permitted up to 3 days a week.
1 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.