Senior Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
Meet Our Team:
The Pegasystems Site Reliability Team is the internal organization responsible for the reliability and availability of the Pegasystems Cloud Service offering. We operate as a Global follow the sun team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, Krakow, PL and the East Coast of the United States. As a global organization we are diverse in our culture and capabilities. We are the first responders and provide proactive technical response to prevent client impacting incidents. We are called upon often to help diagnose complex issues and frequently consulted by client facing organizations for help in solving complex technology issues.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Cloud Service Reliability Engineers are expected to take an active role in maintaining Pega Cloud platform health and high performance. This role will focus on an Operational aspect of Pega Cloud platform, especially on performing regular upgrades to the latest Pega Cloud version, regular health checks, and close cooperation with customer-facing Global Customer Service team on various customers' issues. This role requires troubleshooting skills, ability to work in 24/7 environment to accommodate customer maintenance windows and detailed-oriented approach when performing Cloud Operations tasks.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Responsible for managing mission critical services, hosted in a cloud environment, supporting fortune 50 clients as well as maintaining Pega Cloud platform health and high performance.
- Focus on an Operational and product reliability aspect of Pega Cloud platform, especially on working on various operational tasks such as product upgrade, platform upgrade and troubleshooting the environment during incidents.
- Serve as a key member to bring operational reliability aspect back to core the product teams and work collaboratively to build more reliable and operational products.
- Work on complex problems and apply your expertise and experience to improve reliability of Pega Cloud Platform.
- Take personal ownership of the systems being managed and operated and be responsible for problem discovery, analysis and resolution.
- Monitor and review Application and Infrastructure performance.
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap.
Who You Are:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering (any field) or related field and 5 years of operational or engineering experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Java applications and Apache Tomcat application servers. Will accept Master’s degree and 3 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience.
- Experience specified must include 5 years of experience (3 years if Master’s) with each of the following: enterprise scale Linux Administration; cloud-based infrastructure, platform, and application operational administration including product and platform upgrades, installations, backup, and recovery, and monitoring; administration of web servers running Tomcat, Apache, IIS, or Nginx; and experience in an enterprise cloud environment supporting SAAS applications with a focus on operational delivery excellence and customer service.
- Experience specified must include 3 years of experience with each of the following: experience with configuration automation tools; Bash/Shell, Python, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks; and operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience specified must include 2 years of experience with each of the following: analyzing performance, using tools including thread and heap dumps with a strong understanding of JVM memory structure and garbage collection concepts; and database troubleshooting.
- May live anywhere in the US. Telecommuting permitted.
- Must work shifts including weekend coverage Participate in after hours on call rotation including weekend shifts.
1 Main Street, Cambridge MA, 02142
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.