Principal Cloud Development Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Pegasystems develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service, and operations for our Global 500 clients include the world's largest and most sophisticated enterprises. Our Pega Cloud team focuses on delivering services that are essential for Pega as a Service success.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
As a member of one of the most innovative and fastest-growing groups at Pega, you will work closely with talented engineers and product owners across the globe (US/EU/India) to build a highly scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) offering.
What You'll Do at Pega:
50% Software Engineering
- Be involved in building highly available, scalable and performant applications using Pega Platform & Pega CRM features
- Work as part of a collaborative agile team and take ownership of small tasks
- Develop understandable, well-documented code, which meets team’s coding and design standards
30% Application Design
- Design and execute basic unit, integration, and API test
- Understand Product features design and assist more senior colleagues and Product Owners in documenting them
10% Application DevOps
- Assist our operations team with basic operations along the entire service lifecycle
- Automate basic operations activities leveraging DevOps tools and CI/CD pipelines
10% Mentoring & Technical Leadership
- Suggest improvements in Engineering processes and mentor more junior colleagues
Who You Are:
- You are a passionate Pega developer with sufficient experience to guide junior colleagues in terms of their work assignments
- You understand DevOps culture well, and you consider yourself to be a technically versatile person
- You bring good practices around design patterns with you, which you can leverage to support our Pega Cloud with our ""as-a-Service"" evolution"
What You've Accomplished:
- You are a Pega developer having experience in building applications in Pega Platform and passionate about exploring and applying this to help solve real business problems.
- 7 – 9 years of software development experience, preferably in a product development company.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Be able to implement code that meets engineering excellence standard with minimal oversight
- Design & Development of highly scalable and performant features using Pega Platform
- Have a very good knowledge on Pega platform with minimum CSSA certified, CLSA is preferred
- Very Strong knowledge in User Interface & Case Management (Case Design, Data Designs and class structure)
- Very Strong knowledge in Pega security features (Access groups, Access roles, RBAC and ABAC)
- Very good knowledge in REST services with OAuth
- Very Good Knowledge in using Pega Units and Performance tools like PAL
- Good Knowledge in Reporting, Agents and Queue Processors
- Good to have skills: Core Java, engineering tools (Eclipse, Git, Gradle), AWS basics, containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
Pega Offers You:
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Gartner - https://www.pega.com/about/news/press-releases/pega-recognized-gartner-critical-capabilities-enterprise-low-code
- Forrester - https://www.pega.com/about/news/press-releases/pega-ranked-leader-digital-process-automation-deep-deployments-top
- One of best places to work in India
- GPTW - https://www.greatplacetowork.in/great/rated/100-best/Pegasystems-Worldwide-India-Private-Limited
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + performance incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.