Fellow, Network Architect
Meet Our Team:
Our Network Engineering team is a global group that provides first-class support of our dispersed network infrastructure. They work in a high-energy environment to support all aspects of our corporate network including route, switch, firewall management, load balancing, and DNS.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the operational success of Pega’s network infrastructure. Implementing and maintaining best practice solution to provide service and reliability while maintaining a strong focus on network security. You will work alongside Senior and Principal level engineers, diving into obstacles and helping to create solutions.
What You'll Do at Pega:
Network Projects and Architecture
- You will be responsible for the operation, management, and standardization of our network infrastructure.
- You will perform triage, root cause analysis and incident response.
- You will act as a subject matter expert and escalation point for Cisco Route/Switching.
- You will help design and implement network solutions in our Cloud environments.
- You will assist in leveraging automation tools to streamline and optimize day-to-day tasks.
- You will work closely with our Information Security partners to secure and maintain our network integrity.
- You will design and implement solutions to meet the needs of our employees.
Operational Service Delivery
- Continuously deliver a high level of service availability which meets or exceeds service level objectives for responsible areas.
- Provide 24x7 operational support and problem resolution management.
- Implement operational best practices to ensure the ongoing health and reliability of the environments (capacity planning, patch management, etc.)
- Perform complex problem resolution – diagnose the problem directly and/or facilitate problem solving across technical teams.
- Operations Management and Service Delivery – monitor and measures systems in scope, fulfill end user requests, adhere to SLOs, perform triage and root cause analysis.
- Administration and support of the network environment including routing, switching, firewalls, and wireless.
- Krakow Data Center Point of Contact – assist with operations tasks in the Krakow Data Center (Rack, cable patch, etc)
Who You Are:
- An engineer possessing great technical written and verbal communication skills.
- A problem solver who can dive into technical issues and obstacles and identify technical solutions.
- A detail-oriented professional with the focus of a global scale picture.
- A multitasker, who can balance multiple requests and priorities.
What You've Accomplished:
- 7+ years of experience with Cisco Networking and other relevant disciplines in a similar sized company.
- Strong technical knowledge of Cisco Route/Switch, BGP, AWS and scripting with Ansible.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center) - we hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon! You can work in hybrid mode as well (with commutable distance to the office, to be able to work from the office from time to time, when needed).
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.