Cloud Operations Engineer
Meet Our Team:
We are a Seamless Deployment Services Tribe within Service Reliability Team(SRT) who ensures we keep our clients current with their Infra and Application components hosted on Pega Cloud to be a truly “as a Service Company”. This team works 24X7 and operates across the region to follow the sun model.
This team works directly with clients, internal teams, and stakeholders to achieve the common goal of client success.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Systems Engineer (SE) is a key technical role within SRT and should be responsible for working on ensuring our clients are current with regularly upgrading and patching systems. This position develops customer satisfaction and loyalty by providing superior support services.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Handle all Service Requests, Changes and release to resolve them within the agreed SLA
- Perform Provisioning of new environments and Upgrade of the Infrastructure components & Product Application
- Work with Engineering towards resolving issues in the execution of the upgrade/provisioning activities
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancement testing with Engineering
- Work on automation and proactively build solutions within the team to enhance the current process.
- Provide feedback on bugs and customer experience enhancements
- Look out for opportunities to streamline the current process.
Who You Are:
- You are a member of the Service Reliability team who is skilled in Cloud, OS, Middleware, and DevOps Technologies.
- B. E /B. Tech or equivalent.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- 3 - 5 years of Hosting and/or Cloud operations, NOC production support experience
- Managing Servers and application stack in Cloud preferably in PaaS, SaaS in the environments such as Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of configuration automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet )
- Intermediate to expert level experience in Linux OS, Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat, Cassandra, Kafka, Helm, and Terraform.
- Good if knowledgeable on basic RDBMS troubleshooting skills on PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Comfortable with one or more scripting languages like Python, Shell Scripting, etc.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Good understanding of ITIL process specifically – Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request, etc.
- Ability to diagnose and identify the root cause, and solve problems by proposing/assisting in implementing the solutions
- Should be a good team player with a professional attitude towards work, have excellent collaboration skills, and be able to work independently.
- Ability to work in a flexible self-managed team environment, advanced teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate and negotiate with other groups and manage conflict
- Proven ability to interact directly with clients at all levels and demonstrate effective communication and client-facing skills including managing stressful situations and expectations
- Participate in mentoring new engineers on both technical and process aspects
- Participate actively in self-learning and knowledge sharing with the team in new technology developments related to newer technologies with Pega.
What You've Accomplished:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Configuring and Managing Cloud Hosted customer applications and services.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing the issues across the Cloud stacks, Middleware and DevOps Stack
- Hands-on with Linux and scripting techniques
- Partner with internal stakeholders, like Security, Provisioning, and Product Support to align business goals with implementation results.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.