Principal Engineer, Technical Support
Meet Our Team:
We are the face of Pega. We provide world-class engineering support and advice on the use of Pegasystems’ Products and Applications. You will collaborate with an exceptional team of Engineers and customers from across the globe, while engaging in a variety of unique software solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role you will interact with customers and partners at the senior levels. Acting as a trusted advisor in support of Pega technology. You will work to gain insights and understanding of our customer needs and diverse technical solutions. Our customers are the largest and most successful in their respective industries. You will be helping them derive real world business advantages and increase adoption or Pega products.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Support Pega customers and Pega partners and deliver technical solutions
- Work with Engineering and Application teams to research responses to well qualified challenges
- Provide exceptional customer relationship management.
- Work with field engineers to assist on-site teams in resolving complex issues
- Become a subject matter expert in product functionality and use to drive customer-based Solutions
Who You Are:
You enjoy solving problems and puzzles. You are curious and love to learn. You would prefer a role that is technically diverse in nature allowing for new challenges and a strong learning curve. You would like to work in a global, progressive software company. You love working directly with customers, but do not want to travel. You would enjoy an engineering role that has a backend focus. You are an independent thinker and a good team player.
What You've Accomplished:
- Proficiency in an object-oriented language – Pega is based in Java
- 8 + years Software Engineering , 5 + years with Java (strongly preferred) , C++ or C#
- In-depth knowledge of OOPS concepts, Multithreading, Exception Handling, Collections concepts and File systems.
- Experience working with App Servers (WebSphere, JBOSS and Tomcat)
- Working knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP and networking protocols (i.e., SOAP, MQ, JMS)
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris, zOS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related areas
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity – Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (US only) or comparable regional regulations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.