Cloud Development Summer Intern, Infrastructure Services
Meet Our Team:
Infrastructure Services Team owns the underlying technologies that supports Pega Cloud Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product. Pega Cloud is a growing $300M+ business with a 35% market growth. As a key member to the Infrastructure Engineering team, you will work with multiple subject matter experts that are responsible for deploying an end-to-end solution. As part of the Infrastructure Tribe, you will get a chance to work on cloud deployments running on AWS and GCP. Furthermore, you will gain knowledge on innovative technologies such as Kubernetes, Istio, and Observability products. The key differentiator between the Infrastructure Service team and other development teams is that the exposure and contributing to different technologies, vendors, architectures, implementation and support. As a college in a technical field, this will enhance your experience and marketability in the software industry.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega’s internship program is the perfect platform to help students transition their academic knowledge into a successful professional career. We push great students to be better, we encourage them to take on the biggest challenges, and we also believe that great ideas can come from anyone or anywhere, irrespective of hierarchy or location. The purpose our internships are to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable business skills, work on real-time, impactful initiatives, and collaborate on a global scale, all while earning a competitive compensation. Furthermore, you will be working with professionals with 20+ years of industry experience and gain disciplines that are valuable in the long term.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, solve complex issues and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues
- Leverage Python and Go Programming, in new and innovative ways to help create Pegasystems’ Infrastructure framework.
- Collaborate in a an Agile environment which is the industry development practice.
Who You Are:
You enjoy interacting problem solving complex technical issues and you are eager to develop your skills within an enterprise environment while working with an industry-leading product and technologies.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of security, distributed system design, and @Scale patterns
- Experience using Linux OS, Virtual Computing on Desktop, and fundamental networking.
Pega Offers You:
- Opportunity to work with diverse global teams on real-time, impactful projects and initiatives
- Professional development seminars and meet & greets with Pega’s CEO and Founder, and Executive Leadership Team through our “Coffee Break Series”
- Participation in Pega and intern specific events such as social events, volunteer opportunities, group projects, team outings, etc.
- Cloud Certifications for AWS or Google or Kubernetes
- Potential for full time offer
- 20+ year experienced manager, colleagues, and a mentor program to give you guidance and day-to-day support.
- Competitive salary and perks
- Casual, fun, and Flexible work environment
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.