Senior Software Engineer - Java
Meet Our Team:
We are Middleware Services Tribe, part of the Platform Service Engineering Alliance in the Platform Engineering at Pega. Pega platform is used by the leading organizations across the globe to build their complex enterprise scale applications. The new cloud native runtime is the backbone of the Pega platform. The cloud native runtime of the Pega Platform presents interesting challenges in technologies such as streaming, queueing, asynchronous communication, caching, and storage. We build reliable, highly scalable, and highly performing distributed services for the Pega platform.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
This role can be based out of our office in Waltham MA or be fully remote supporting EST hours.
The new cloud native runtime has been architected using innovative and cutting-edge technologies in the industry. We are building the next generation of globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model queuing service among other services. It is designed to enable developers to build enterprise-scale applications with Pega platform. This is a terrific opportunity to be part of a highly agile team, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Deliver high quality software with minimal defects that conforms with the identified design patterns and best practices.
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile team working in a SCRUM model surrounded by fun loving talented engineers
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-growing team delivering strategically important solutions for world-class customers.
- Leverage best in class technologies and frameworks for building robust features in the product.
- Take ownership of the components/tasks and make sure they are delivered with great quality.
- Deliver solutions in an iterative approach for an as-a-Service solution
- Support escalations and enhancement requests from the support team as needed to ensure that maximum value is delivered to our customers
- Handle more complex implementation or refactoring work with some guidance.
- Collaborate effectively across teams to ensure timely and good quality deliverables.
Who You Are:
- A result-oriented individual with a track record of building large-scale, highly available services that solve complex, organizational level business problems.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- You have a strong knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- You have a passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering standard methodologies like coding, testing or monitoring.
- When deliverables are assigned, you are able to take ownership of them and can deliver with little or minimal guidance.
- You have the ability to diagnose and debug issues independently.
- Constructive feedback is something you receive with open mind and you work to continuously improve yourself.
- You are flexible and adaptable to changing needs (we are agile!!!)
What You've Accomplished:
- 4-8 years of experience preferably in product development field and a Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or similar field
- Deep knowledge of OOPS, Design principles and patterns, Core Java including Concurrency, Serialization, Java Collections, functional and reactive programming.
- Hands-on experience in Spring boot/Micronaut.
Bonus Points for:
- Exposure to secure development practices and basic security concepts like Authentication. Authorization, OWASP.
- Exposure to cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, e.g.
- Experience with event stream processing solutions (Kafka, etc)
- Experience working with Architects and Product Owners to understand problems and provide solutions
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of quality processes in a DevOps environment
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.