Meet Our Team:
As a key contributor to the Pega Revenue team, you will report directly into our Revenue Manager supporting the billing and revenue accounting function for Pega globally. You will work alongside a team of revenue accountants focused on interpreting GAAP standards and developing policy and practice guidelines. Revenue team is a controllership team responsible for reporting revenue in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and US GAAP.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will also support the billing and revenue accounting function on a day-to-day basis, which includes completing billing related tasks, preparing journal entries to support the monthly close, performing monthly account reconciliations, and other analyses as requested. This is an amazing opportunity to join an incredibly strong, tight nit team of revenue accountants in a fast paced, fun environment.
What You'll Do at Pega:
The Revenue Accountant is an exciting position and opportunity to be a key member of the Finance team supporting a dynamic and high growth organization. This role will be responsible for review of executed Software License agreements, timely billing, performing reconciliations and ensuring proper AR close, resolving billing related queries, revenue recognition and reporting, the most challenging and visible performance metric for the company. Is responsible review of signed customer Software License agreements, exercise judgment to accurately and timely record and report AR and revenue, the most challenging and visible performance metric for the company.
- Read and understand signed customer Software License agreements, exercise judgment to accurately extract the relevant customer and transaction details from the contract and input into contracts system to comply with revenue accounting policy and ASC 606 and ensure prompt billing.
- Support a team-oriented environment, ensuring that all tasks are being completed timely and accurately
- Participate in the global billing cycle producing monthly, quarterly and annual billings and ensure all invoices are promptly processed and accounted for prior to month-end close Maintain and provide timely and accurate updates to the Company’s corporate bookings report, ratable revenue, and other revenue related process schedules Perform fluctuation analysis surrounding responsible areas of influence and research variances using the general ledger system
- Coordinate with the external and internal auditors for quarterly reviews, year-end corporate & statutory audits and SOX compliance testing Produce clear and organized work papers that adequately support the Company’s SEC filings and the internal/external audit process; analyze results in accordance with GAAP Perform P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations as required Assist with external and internal audit
Who You Are:
A detail-oriented, multitasker with knowledge of OTC and revenue processes and how these processes interrelate and impact a company’s financial statements. Although this individual has exceptional interpersonal skills and enjoys being a team player and role model for others, they are also able to work independently as needed. This person is results-oriented and has the self-motivation to continuously learn and develop their skills.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- M.Com/MBA Finance/Semi Qualified/ Qualified Chartered Accountant with 1 - 2 years of Software Billing and Revenue.
- Experience reviewing Software Contracts
- Experience with Software Revenue Recognition preferred
- Experience into Billing and Revenue processes preferred
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP preferred, Microsoft Excel
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Demonstrate problem solving capabilities for complex transactions
Pega Offers You:
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients.
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
- A highly collaborative environment for development of new ideas and drive new critical initiatives.
- Many opportunities for development – an extensive on-boarding training and self-learning initiatives.
- Attractive salary and benefits package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Learning opportunities and many more).
- High tech office space with relaxation areas (currently working remotely due to pandemic situation).
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.