Senior Cloud Development Engineer
Meet Our Team:
We are a collaborative and innovative environment where we constantly challenge the status quo. You will have an opportunity to work with and develop the infrastructure to support scaled infrastructure automation, cloud-based provisioning, and test automation. Your primary focus will be to enable Pega’s software developers with best-in-class tools and services to facilitate the development of Pega’s software. We are seeking a Cloud Systems Engineer with strong CI/CD development, administration, and cloud-based provisioning skills to provide technical support as a member of the Cloud System Engineering team. This individual should be comfortable taking on lead responsibilities. Additionally, this individual will need to possess strong organizational, project management, and communications skills and be comfortable leading cross functional initiatives.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us define and deploy the next generation platform for how Pega develops and continuously delivers software to our customers. This is your chance to get hands-on with leading-edge technology while also solving urgent and pervasive problems for some noteworthy brands. You are a key contributor to a team that is also able to work both independently and in a group setting in a high-paced ever-changing environment. You have a willingness and desire to collaboratively work with developers on solving issues. You have an eagerness to improve both our software and our CI/CD process. You are a quick learner and have the basic necessary system administration skills required to begin working on tasks and projects immediately while learning the environment specifics.
What You'll Do at Pega:
Working as a DevOps engineer on a team within the Intelligent Automation Alliance, you will share our passion for building and developing software using the latest technology and improving release processes seamlessly. You will be responsible for the DevOps tasks associated with continuous delivery. You will be implementing new, more efficient, automated processes to free up resources, increase productivity, engage with R&D and become more streamline while maintaining the current infrastructure.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps practices and tools (including Jenkins, Git, Docker)
- Extensive experience with Operating Systems focused primarily on Linux
- System administration experience
- Strong shell scripting experience in Linux environments
- Working knowledge of cloud platforms with a strong focus on AWS
- Working knowledge of Groovy, JSON, Python, Containers, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket or similar technologies
- Experience with DevOps support for enterprise scale applications
- Demonstrated experience with containerized platforms
- Strong experience with platform automation
- Strong experience with and working knowledge of DevOps and platform security best practices
What You've Accomplished:
- Experience with supporting applications servers including Apache/Tomcat, NodeJS, and Rails
- System administration experience and training with a focus on security
- Cloud administration and management (strong focus on AWS)
- Linux Shell Scripting and process automation skills
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.