Senior/Principal Software Engineer (Microservices)
Meet Our Team:
We work on a modern, multi-tenant, as-a-Service design-time experience for Pega platform. Spinners team is responsible for the Rulebase Service – persistence layer with elements of version control system for all data used by other Pega microservices.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will take care of design time data of all Pega customers with the task of making them always and quickly available, never lost. To achieve it you will use modern tools with special focus on observability and automation.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Be part of service squad responsible for design, implementation, testing and maintenance of the Rulebase Service.
- Use Java, Micronaut, Karate frameworks and other technologies for development of the service (estimated focus rate: 60%).
- Use Kubernetes, AWS, New Relic among other technologies for deployment, operations and maintenance of the service (estimated focus rate: 40%).
- Actively propose and discuss new features, improvements and solutions to challenges faced by the team and the service.
- Work in a team located in Kraków, and collaborate with other teams from the US and India.
Who You Are:
You enjoy working in an agile environment that values collaboration and teamwork. Also, you are willing to work in rapidly changing landscape (project is in early development phase).
What You've Accomplished:
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering,
- Experience in development of Java applications,
- Experience in microservice architecture is a plus (nice to have, but not strictly required, experience with: Micronaut, MongoDB Atlas, RxJava, Jenkins, Karate, Kubernetes, AWS, Jaeger, New Relic, OpenTelemetry).
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center) - we hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon! You can work in hybrid mode as well (min. 1 day per month from the office).
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.