Cloud Service Reliability Engineer (DBA)
Meet Our Team:
The service Reliability Operations team is part of the Service Reliability Team and is involved in managing and maintaining applications hosted on Pega Cloud Services. This team works 24X7 and is situated across the regions. This team works on customer service requests, change requests, infrastructure upgrades and incidents along with problem management following the process standards.
This team works directly with customers, internal teams and stakeholders to achieve the common goal of customer success.
This team is skilled in Postgres (expertise), Mongo, Dynamo Oracle, AWS & GCP Cloud, Linux OS, Middleware, Scripting and Automation, Basic Networking, Kubernetes Java / JEE fundamentals, DevOps Tools and Technologies.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega has enhanced the way customers can manage and use their application, in this role you will be helping the customer achieve their application performance and usability to top-notch quality with world-class support. Leverage and learn new technical skills by being part of the service reliability team.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Will be involved in application and Database infrastructure support working in collaboration with different internal teams.
- Will be involved in handling service requests, change requests, incidents, problem management and events and notifications.
- Troubleshooting, analysis, and resolution of customers' environmental issues.
- Ensuring the process is handled across every level of service management.
- Involved in DB automation ideas and implementation to help the team work efficiently.
- Collaborate and communicate with customers and internal stakeholders to provide the customers with the best in a class of support.
Who You Are:
You are a member of the Service Reliability team who is skilled in Postgres and Oracle. MySQL, Mongo, Aurora database. Cloud (AWS & GCP), OS, Middleware and DevOps Technologies.
- 3-4 years of database technical support experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field
- Experience in geographically distributed systems
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communications and experience working with clients in the Americas/Europe region
- Monitoring the uptime of all RDS database systems.
- Creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and migration from one environment to another.
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release.
- Taking backups and recovery of databases as part of operations.
- Review and Perform maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Re-indexing, Archiving) as required.
- Proactive remediation of database operational problems.
- Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Diagnose and correct performance problems
- Proactively monitor databases for potential security, space, and performance issues
- Installation of DB Upgrades
- Basic network troubleshooting skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN
- Ability to multitask and work during production crisis situations
- Good understanding of ITIL process specifically – Incident, Change, Problem, Service Request and Escalations
- Should have experience working on Java technologies and understanding Java/JEE fundamentals.
What You've Accomplished:
- Configuring and Managing Pega Cloud Hosted customer applications and services.
- Troubleshooting and analyzing the issues across the Postgres, Aurora, Oracle, MySQL Database, Dynamo, Mongo, Cloud, Middleware and DevOps Stack
- Partner with internal clients, like Security, Provisioning and Product Support to align business goals with implementation results.
- Deep understanding of PostgreSQL server architecture and other Administrative tasks
- Hands-on Experience with Performance tuning of codes on PostgreSQL, Oracle and Aurora DB
- Participate in support rotation, if needed
Pega Offers You:
- Opportunity to work with world-class teams, who are passionate about client success with the mission of changing the way software is built
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Gartner - https://www.pega.com/about/news/press-releases/pega-recognized-gartner-critical-capabilities-enterprise-low-code
- Forrester - https://www.pega.com/about/news/press-releases/pega-ranked-leader-digital-process-automation-deep-deployments-top
- One of the best places to work in India
- GPTW - https://www.greatplacetowork.in/great/rated/100-best/Pegasystems-Worldwide-India-Private-Limited
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + performance incentive, employee equity in the company - https://www.pega.com/about/careers/benefits-and-culture
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.