Senior Software Engineer, SWAT
Meet Our Team:
You will be working with a group of enthusiastic, high-spirited, and smart working individuals, who encourage each other to bring out the best to build a world-class product in the Pega infinity sustenance project. We have a healthy competitive environment that is challenging and enjoyable at the same time. You will have exposure to building smart solutions to real-time problems direct from customers and scaling the solution to building key features enhancements that enhance the existing version of the Product.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pegasystems is offering exciting, multi-level opportunities to join our team as a Sustenance Engineer. The Sustenance Engineer works with a self-organizing team to develop and maintain best of breed software in Pega Ecosystem. The team leverages the industry knowledge and Pega’s innovative technology to support products to solve business problems and/or bring in operational efficiencies for customers. We are seeking experienced technical professionals who can demonstrate creativity, teamwork, a results-driven attitude, mentoring and dedication to customer success.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Managing technical escalations from global customers to ensure customer success with Pega products.
- Assisting customers in troubleshooting their custom code, integration, and implementation of Pega products. This involves code error diagnosis, debugging, troubleshooting, and ensuring issues are fully resolved and doing root cause analysis later.
- Creating and curating knowledge base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Developing and maintaining technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality.
- Manage highly visible, global, and strategic customer reported issues and ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Performing case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluating active tickets and monitoring queue health to prioritise between workload, strategic projects, and other activities
- Building internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and priorities of our customers
- Advocating for our customers and influencing product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Pega rule and product stack
Who You Are:
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in a highly technical enterprise support role, preferably in a software development environment dealing with Java/J2EE application troubleshooting
- You have experience configuring and troubleshooting Web Application containers such as Tomcat, Jetty, etc.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and innovation
- Good problem-solving skills
- Working experience in an agile/scrum team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development
What You've Accomplished:
- BTech/BE/Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of large-scale Java centric enterprise application systems, preferably in Pega infinity.
- Pega 7.x/8.x Certified – CSA and CSSA preferably.
- Strong Pega technical skills. Participated in design and development of Pega infinity features.
- Proven experience in a Technical Customer Service position is a plus.
- Experience in J2EE (JSP, Servlets, Oracle and/or DB2 and MS/SQL).
- Strong OO experience.
- “Problem Solving” character - Ability to apply analytical and investigative skills to resolve customer issues.
- Customer oriented, enthusiastic, courteous, assertive, and motivated to take charge of both customer engagement and problem resolution.
- Strong Coding, problem solving, debugging and design skills.
- Ability to work in shifts, including 24X7 support.
- Working experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Strong interest and desire to learn BPM and development using Pega Platform.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.