Manager, Global Service Desk
Meet Our Team:
Pega is on the cutting edge of technology; this is your chance to get your hands-on leading technologies and solve interesting problems. The User Support Services team is dedicated to providing superior, end user experiences to over 6000 Pega users across the globe.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
As an Assistant Manager at the Service Desk, you need to balance customer service, monitoring and operation activities to ensure the team meets all the SLAs and that the users throughout the organization can access and utilize the hardware and software they need for work.
This role will help you expand and strengthen your skill set in a variety of areas, including department operations, and leadership
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Effectively manage, develop and train the Global service desk team.
- Balance and plan the short-term actions of the team.
- Drive adherence to SLAs, assist team with prioritization of challenges
- Recruit for the IT Service Desk
- Ensure end user expectations are communicated, handle escalations with urgency and address feedback with appropriate correction or explanation
- Create and report weekly and monthly metrics to the management
- Work with Managers of IT Client Services to assist in training GSD team on new operational processes
- Advocate for user experience by communicating trends and feedback to leadership and collaborate troubleshooting of highly complex issues with other support teams
- Use strong communication skills; both written and verbal, comfortable leading small trainings like new hire onboarding
- Participate in training, coaching to mentor our current and future team members
- Perform daily checks to ensure all the tickets are being followed-up, and provide support to the team members
- Use experience and good judgement to prioritize issues appropriately and escalate when necessary
Who You Are:
- Experienced in leading a Global Service Desk in a large global environment (>1000 employees), with a dispersed team.
- Active in suggesting improvements, guiding colleagues, asking questions, and motivating coworkers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 10 and Office 365
- Strong troubleshooting knowledge in Mac OS.
- Experience in using and troubleshooting MS Office applications within a network environment (permissions, calendar sharing, delegation)
- Experience in providing support for the following: VPN, MDM, AD, Office 365, Printers, Network
- Ability to learn quickly and present ideas in user-friendly language.
What You've Accomplished:
- 6+ years of IT experience in a Global Service Desk,
- 2+ years in managing a Global Service Desk
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, Applications (Office, Visio, Project, Outlook, etc.) and working knowledge of Active Directory roles.
- Knowledge of Apple Macintosh Operating Systems (MacOsx) and Applications
- Knowledge of VPN, WiFi and other remote access methods
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in IT related field) or equivalent working experience is preferred
- Understand IT Service management and has good knowledge of the IT metrics.
- Contributed to the betterment of existing processes by taking additional responsibilities and initiatives
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.