Software Engineer, SWAT
Meet Our Team:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. We at Pega are providing revolutionary solutions for some of the world’s largest organizations and the most recognizable brands. Imagine going from a problem to a fully functioning solution in production that solves real business problems within a matter of a few hours/days. That’s a challenging set of expectations to meet where thousands of businesses across the planet depend on Pega to transform their business and customer experiences and that’s where you come in. You will be joining our team as Pega Infinity Platform Specialist fully trained to be a subject matter expert in the design and architecture of our Pega InfinityTM Platform. You will be a part of team of in-house go-to experts assisting our support engineers in the field, providing technical consultation for critical escalated issues. You will be working with a group of enthusiastic, high spirited, and smart working individuals, who encourage each other to bring out the best to build a world-class product in Pega infinity customer success space, The team follows the "work hard play hard" mindset. You will have exposure to building a smart solution to real-time problems direct from customers and scaling the solution to building key features enhancements that enhance the existing version of the product where we use our technology to power many parts of our business. We are passionate about our work creating a difference and feel extreme ownership to achieve meaningful outcomes that matter.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
In this role, you will engage deeply in maintaining core features of Pega platform which runs thousands of CRM and DPA applications around the world. You will be the respected SME of your chosen area, with complete mastery of your code base. You will spend your time sharpening debugging and troubleshooting tools, hardening and patching critical existing defects and enhancing the Infinity Platform where required to keep it current with Industry demands. You will get experience working with both monolithic and modularized code, giving you a unique opportunity to compare both worlds at one place. Follow best practices to build clean and maintainable code. Mentor junior team members and work with L3 sustenance contractors leading by example.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- You will start by learning about Pega platform and use it to rapidly build a simple application
- Sharpshoot critical issues in the field.
- Managing technical escalations from global customers to ensure customer success with Pega products.
- Assisting customers in troubleshooting their custom code, integration, and implementation of Pega products. This involves code error diagnosis, debugging, troubleshooting, and ensuring issues are fully resolved and doing root cause analysis later.
- Creating and curating knowledge base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves after understanding the design and implementation of your product area.
- Developing and maintaining technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality.
- Manage highly visible, global, and strategic customer reported issues and ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Performing case reviews to identify trends and improvement areas and define action plans for support engineers
- Evaluating active tickets and monitoring queue health to prioritise between workload, strategic projects, and other activities
- Building internal relationships with our development and product management teams to help communicate the needs and priorities of our customers
- Advocating for our customers and influencing product direction through customer feedback
- Developing your team in becoming highly skilled support engineers with subject matter expertise in all types of technologies across the Pega rule and product stack
- Write automated tests for code changes made to fix issues
- Do root cause analysis for high severity issues, to isolate problem areas within your product area
Who You Are:
You are a skilled software engineer, who can explore, understand, and debug complex Java code quickly. You enjoy solving problems, you can quickly assess them, find root causes, and provide innovative solutions to fix them. You take quality seriously and write automated tests for all code you write. You are an enthusiast for Java, JVM, and best practices for building software. You are a good team player who puts the team first and can collaborate well with other team members. You take constructive feedback with an open mind and work to continuously improve yourself. You are a voracious learner. You are proactive in taking work and exploring new areas.
- 2 to 4 years' experience in a highly technical enterprise support role, preferably in a software development environment dealing with Pega infinity and Java/J2EE application troubleshooting.
- You have experience configuring and troubleshooting Web Application containers such as Tomcat, Jetty, etc.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and innovation
- Good problem-solving skills
- Working experience in an agile/scrum team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development
What You've Accomplished:
- BTech/BE/Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in analysis, design, development, and application deployment of large-scale Java centric enterprise application systems, preferably in Pega infinity.
- Pega 7.x/8.x Certified – CSA/CSSA.
- Strong Pega technical skills. Participated in design and development of Pega infinity features.
- Proven experience in a Technical Customer Service position is a plus.
- Experience in J2EE (JSP, Servlets, Oracle and/or DB2 and MS/SQL).
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- “Problem Solving” character - Ability to apply analytical and investigative skills to resolve customer issues.
- Customer oriented, enthusiastic, courteous, assertive, and motivated to take charge of both customer engagement and problem resolution.
- Strong Coding, problem solving, debugging and design skills.
- Ability to work in shifts, including 24X7 support.
- Working experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Strong interest and desire to learn BPM and development using Pega Platform.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.