Program Manager, Product Engineering Operations
Meet Our Team:
The Pega Product Engineering Organization is a global community of engineers, designers and managers focused on developing and delivering Pega’s world class products and enabling Pega’s transition to an as a service company.
The Product Engineering Operations team owns, drives, and facilitates lean processes that ensure the successful delivery and operation of work we are proud of, and our clients love. Through tightknit collaboration, we embody the operational excellence needed to propel Pega’s as a service culture forward. The Program Management function of the Product Engineering coaches leaders across Pega to improve internal processes and execute on programs that support our strategic direction.
This role in particular will have close alignment with the User Interface and User Experience organizations responsible for delivering world class user experiences for all Pega products.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
If you are up for driving change, challenging status quo, and be an integral and crucial part of an innovative company’s global growth – Pega is the place for you.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Lead strategic user experience initiatives, partnering with operations, engineering, and business leadership
- Be responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and managing a complex, business-critical user experience program. They will be accountable for the on-time delivery of that program
- Embody excellent project/program management capabilities. They have enough technical experience to lead, manage, and coach other project managers through successful delivery of our most critical initiatives.
- Evangelize agile at Pega, including continuous improvement activities by identifying remediating wasteful activities and artifacts
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-growing team delivering strategically important solutions for world-class customers
Who You Are:
- You are highly motivated, organized, and professional, with strong interpersonal skills who will dive in and make a difference
- You are confident in conflict navigation, risk mitigation, and escalation management as tools in your toolbox to build a common understanding in an open, healthy work environment
- You are willing to challenge the status quo, share ideas, act on initiatives, and navigate conflicts in the interest of building a common understanding in an open, healthy work environment
- You are focused on continuous improvement of yourself and your surroundings
- You are polished in presenting to large audiences, running effective meetings, and working with multiple levels of the organization
- You are comfortable operating in ambiguity as a key leader in the establishment of scalable processes and best practices for a new team within a rapidly expanding organization
- You have a track record of proposed and implemented changes – examples of successes and failures that resulted in lessons.
- You can influence others and get things done, even when you have no direct line of authority over them.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You manage risk effectively, providing alternative options and recommendations based on clearly articulated trade-offs.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field; MBA preferred
- History of successfully planning, scheduling, and delivering complex software projects & programs – preferably acting as a Program Manager, Project Manager, or seasoned Scrum Master.
- Experience using variety of different Agile models (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) on both co-located and distributed teams
- Experience facilitating change model(s) and change management in an organization
Pega Offers You:
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.