Senior Software Engineer, Decisioning Runtime
Meet Our Team:
Does handling thousands of real-time requests per second make you curious? Are you passionate about using cloud technologies to build highly scalable services? Or maybe you are just in the beginning of your career and want to become a great engineer? Join our multi-disciplined and multicultural team and help us to build services that can make millions of intelligent decisions per hour.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
By joining our team, you will take part in the development of a Pega Customer Decision Hub platform, which was named in 2020 as the best Real-Time Interaction Management software in the world. It leverages big data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to allow companies to anticipate customer needs, predict their behavior, and, ultimately, improve their engagement.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work as a part of a distributed service team with members located in Amsterdam and Krakow.
- Design, develop, deploy, and run high-performance streaming services based on Apache Kafka.
- Contribute to Pega’s cloud framework based on Kubernetes, Helm and Terraform, that helps us to manage more than three thousand deployments.
- Partner with Global Customer Support and Service Reliability teams to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- Experiment, innovate and have fun.
- Observe results of your work deployed for more than three thousand customers on cloud.
- 80% dig into the cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Helm, AWS). 20% contribute to the product code (Java).
- 30% support the existing functionality based on Apache Kafka, 70% develop new features.
Who You Are:
- Have at least three years of professional experience.
- Passionate about software development and cloud technologies. You are not afraid to dig deep into Kubernetes or AWS deployments, understanding the basics of these technologies.
- Know at least one general-purpose programming language and willing to read and contribute to our Java based product and microservices.
- Know Cloud Operations good practices and able to automate routine operational tasks.
- Have experience or interest working with Apache Kafka.
- Understand caveats of distributed systems such as scalability, resiliency, consistency, etc.
- Want to grow as a professional and excited to learn a lot of new technologies.
What You've Accomplished:
- Have at 4-6 years of professional experience
- Strong experince in cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Helm, AWS)
- Exposure to Java is a good to have
- Have experience or interest working with Apache Kafka
Pega Offers You:
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
- Friendly, informal and multicultural teams across the globe
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work from home
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- A lot of interesting and challenging work
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external trainings, Learning & self-growth opportunities (safaribooksonline.com, lynda.com, Conferences etc.)
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.