Associate Network Operations Engineer, West Coast
Meet Our Team:
You will be a key member responsible for the availability and reliability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
A passionate Engineer who loves problem solving, who is familiar with NOC infrastructure and managing cloud services at scale, along with being highly motivated to constantly learn and grow. Our goal is to ensure that we successfully deliver high service uptime for our environments, and by collaborating and communicating with customers and internal stake holders, you will deliver best in class support.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Manage and monitor customer environments
- Handle alerts, incidents, service requests and changes within SLA
- Access, analyze and prioritize tickets, follow standard operating procedures (SOP) for known issues, and escalate when required
- Execute tasks including monitor service health, restart of client environments, handling logs, increase storage, whitelist IP addresses, troubleshoot access related issues, deploy system updates, run queries and scripts, etc.
- Identify opportunities for automation of repeated operational tasks and reduce toil
- Adapt to changing business goals
- Participate in after hours on call rotation including work weekend shifts
Who You Are:
- Possess customer obsession and proven empathy towards customers
- An analytical and problem-solving mind- ability to quickly evaluate customer incident and act accordingly
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, and creative, with a passion for continuous improvement
- Works well with cross-functional global and remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn new or unfamiliar technologies, techniques, and tools quickly to meet our business requirements
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, enterprise environment
What You've Accomplished:
You are skilled in AWS, Linux and systems monitoring, and have accomplished the below:
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, platform, and application services
- 1-2 years of experience in enterprise scale Linux Administration
- 1-2 years of operational knowledge in application and database level monitoring and troubleshooting (like Java applications, Tomcat and RDS Postgres)
- 1-2 years hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of microservices architecture (like Kubernetes and Docker), monitoring tools (like New Relic or Datadog), basic administration of web servers (like Tomcat) and network (like DNS, VPN) is a plus
- Must be eligible to support FedRAMP / earn a US Security clearance
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.