Principal Cloud Development Engineer, Platform Deployments
Meet Our Team:
As a member of one of the most innovative and fastest growing groups at Pega, you will work closely with talented engineers and Product Owners across the globe to build a highly scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) offering.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
- In this role, you’ll help us design, develop, implement, test, deploy and operate the components and services that power Pega Cloud services. You will be adopting best DevOps practices using industry standard CI/CD solutions.
- Pega is staying on the cutting edge of technology, this is your chance to get your hands on working on leading technologies to solve interesting problems.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Leverage best in class technologies to drive the conversion of requirements into feature design, its implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring and support.
- Use Java OR Golang as the programming language to build highly available and scalable systems using modern Cloud native technologies.
- Ensure that the delivered work meets functional and technical requirements, and quality standards.
- Ensure proper documentation and knowledge transfer of information
- Work with Product owners and other stake holders along with the team members to design and build features for Pega cloud
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile team working in a Scrum model surrounded by fun loving talented engineers
- Mentoring & Technical Leadership
Who You Are:
- You are a competent programmer having experience in cloud technologies and passionate about exploring and applying this to help solve real business problems.
- 6 – 9 years of software development experience, preferably in a product development company.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, passionate about learning new technologies, must be able to implement code that meets engineering excellence standard with minimal oversight.
- Strong knowledge of programming language (Java, Golang, Python) along with associated industry-standard frameworks.
- Experience in developing and operating Microservice
- Experience in Development, Deployment and Writing Infrastructure As Code (IAC) using one of cloud platform ( AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack)
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of engineering tools (configuration management systems, build processes, and debuggers)
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) & containerization (Docker) and deployment/management of containerized applications on Kubernetes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and must be a fast learner
What You've Accomplished:
- Designed and Developed functional, robust and scalable services on cloud using Java/Go-Lang, container (Docker) and AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Exposed to Microservice (Lifecycle management), Kubernetes, Multi-tenancy (infrastructure), Multi-cloud, Cloud migration of the system, or any combination of these
- Partner with internal clients & product managers to align implementation with business goals & outcomes.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.