Principal Problem Manager, Global Service Operations
Meet Our Team:
The goal of Problem Management is to improve Quality of Service. This is done by maximizing the learnings from each incident -- both locally and systemically across Pega and tracking all remediations to closure to prevent future incidents. The Triggering Events and all contributing factors are captured with remediation actions that are trackable to specific incidents. Ultimately, Pega becomes a learning organization with a closed-loop process that ensures.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Our goal is to be the no. 1 CRM SaaS company in the world. As a Cloud Incident Manager, you will play a key role within the Cloud Service Reliability Team to ensure that the impacted services are restored to their operational state quickly while also managing the risk and ongoing business impact.
You will coordinate the incident response and ensure that issue resolution is prioritized in all situations. You will also assess incident management needs and develop and implement plans to guide the organization to a mature incident management process.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work on application, service, and infrastructure deliveries.
- Minimize downtime through a proactive and effective incident resolution process. (This role plays an integral part in the uptime availability of services to our customers).
- Facilitate incident bridge calls towards resolution and communicate periodic updates to a vast internal audience.
- Understand the upcoming and ongoing changes in the environment and correlate them with open incidents.
Who You Are:
You are an Incident Manager/Commander with experience in building applications in the Pega Platform and are passionate about applying your expertise to help solve real business problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-9 years of Incident/Problem Management Experience.
- 2+ years of direct or related experience in a SaaS or hosted application service provider environment.
- Fast learner with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of public and private cloud vendor infrastructure and architecture concepts.
- ITILv3 and above certification.
- Practical knowledge of AWS / Azure.
- Experience using ticketing systems like Service Now, Remedy, Tivoli, etc.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced work environment.
- A solid understanding of the best practices in infrastructure and application monitoring, and incident handling.
- Experience in process improvement identification, recommendations, and implementation.
- Strong team-building skills and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical personnel.
What You've Accomplished:
- Facilitated bridge calls with multiple participants for triage and service restoration activities.
- Driven service restoration efforts keeping diverse support teams focused on the tasks at hand.
- Effectively communicated incident status and details to a large auditory.
- Taken decisive actions and maintained strong situational awareness while working on tickets and issues in the environment.
- Assessed operational inefficiencies and delivered concise recommendations.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company#LI-EN1
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.