Software Engineer, Middleware Services
Meet Our Team:
We are Middleware Services Tribe, part of the Platform Service Engineering Alliance in the Platform Engineering at Pega. Pega platform is used by the leading organizations across the globe to build their complex enterprise scale applications. The new cloud native runtime is the backbone of the Pega platform. The cloud native runtime of the Pega Platform presents interesting challenges in technologies such as streaming, queueing, asynchronous communication, caching, and storage. We build reliable, highly scalable, and highly performing distributed services for the Pega platform.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The new cloud native runtime has been architected using innovative and cutting-edge technologies in the industry. We are building next generation of globally distributed, elastic scale, multi-model queuing service among other services. It is designed to enable developers to build enterprise-scale applications with Pega platform. This is a terrific opportunity to be part of a very agile team, take on hard distributed system problems and ship high impact features at a rapid pace..
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software,
• Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
• Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools,
• Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer engineering field,
• 2-3 years of professional experience,
• Working experience with core Java,
• Knowledge of OOPS, Design principles and patterns,
• Passion for driving continual improvement initiatives on engineering standard methodologies like coding, testing, or monitoring,
• Flexible and adaptable to changing needs (we are agile!),
• Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
What You've Accomplished:
It would be an asset if you have:
• Experience with and an understanding of event stream processing solutions (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc).
• Exposure to both non-relational and relational storage technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Postgres).
• Hands-on experience in Micronaut.
• Hands on experience in cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, helm, docker, etc.
• Practical knowledge of AWS.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.