Associate Java Software Engineer (Backend)
Meet Our Team:
Thousands of real-time decisions per second make you smile? Are you passionate about large scale data storage, retrieval and processing? Join us and help in building Decisioning Data Services that manage and store data needed for fast, real-time, AI-driven decisioning.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will work with a team of software engineers working on a framework for design and execution of real time data processing pipelines. Your focus will be on building service for processing real time events to aggregate, detect patterns and ultimately improve automated decision making. Technology stack includes Java SE, Tomcat, Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka. It’s a great opportunity to work with large, multi-node environments and solve business problems requiring high-throughput and low-latency solutions.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively to design, develop, test, and document new components and services,
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues,
- Be a part of of driving changes to support our transformation to as-a-service.
Who You Are:
You would like to challenge yourself by working with real-world deployments at scale. You have can-do attitude that exhibits creativity, integrity, and teamwork. You demonstrate initiative and proactivity at work.
What You've Accomplished:
- 1+ year of experience in software engineering (Java),
- Very good knowledge of Java,
- Understanding multithreading and concurrency,
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures,
- Practical knowledge of Software Design Patterns,
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems,
- Familiarity with containerization technologies (e.g. docker),
- Good command of English,
- Prior experience with cloud and/or big data related technologies will be a plus.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- Modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center) - we hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon! You can work in hybrid mode as well.
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.