Senior Software Engineer, Decisioning Runtime
Meet Our Team:
We are a core engineering team based in Amsterdam. We build a low-code real-time decisioning platform that helps craft and run complex decision strategies based on ever-changing business requirements, massive amounts of heterogeneous data, and self-learning AI. The platform allows companies to anticipate customer needs, predict their behavior, and, ultimately, improve their satisfaction.
Our mission is to make this complex area so easy that our clients no longer need to have software engineering or data science degrees. So far, we've been successful and recognized as the leader in Real-Time Interaction Management.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
We're looking for a passionate engineer who loves solving complex computational problems. By joining our team, you will help us build and optimize the decision strategy engine that allows subject matter experts to capture complex business needs using a visual language (DSL). The engine translates the DSL into a performance-optimized runtime that serves thousands of real-time decisions per second.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work as a part of a cross-functional team to build a platform used by thousands of companies.
- Design, develop, operate, and support high-performance decision strategy computation engine.
- Optimize performance on micro and macro levels.
- Be involved in every step of the development process - from requirements definition and writing code to a deployment model on Kubernetes and AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud.
- Partner with Global Customer Support and Service Reliability teams to troubleshoot and address customer issues.
- As an experienced engineer, people will look to you for advice and technical direction.
- Learn and grow as a professional. Experiment, innovate and have fun.
- Observe results of your work deployed for more than three thousand customers on cloud.
Who You Are:
- Have a passion for software development: Java is a must.
- Love simple and well-tested code that is easy to extend and hard to break.
- Can write efficient algorithms and squeeze every millisecond out of your code.
- Have experience or interest in domain-specific-languages.
- Have experience or interest in compiler optimizations.
- Understand concurrency and data structures: lock-free data structures, reactive processing.
- Understand caveats of distributed systems: scalability, resiliency, consistency, etc.
Pega Offers You:
- Modern office located in Amsterdam Zuid area
- Attractive salary, bonus, equity and pension scheme
- Friendly, informal and multicultural atmosphere with more than 19 different nationalities
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work from home
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- A lot of interesting and challenging work
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external trainings, Learning & self-growth opportunities
- Game room and table tennis
- Hackathons and social events
- Fruit baskets & free drinks
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.