Software Engineer, Application Security
Meet Our Team:
As a member of the Application Security team, you will be joining a collaborative group of engineers passionate about solving complex problems and ensuring Pega solutions are safe and secure. What you accomplish will ensure that our global, enterprise scale clients can continue to rely on Pega solutions to keep their day-to-day operations running and customers happy.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software and these teams help in focusing on building security features in the product. This is your chance to be part of a team that builds a rich set of features designed to enhance the information experience and increase customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality code, validating, and automating the feature functionality. You’ll need to understand the existing functional complexity and planned enhancements.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Develop and add new security capabilities to a microservice based architecture.
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile/Scrum team surrounded by fun loving talented engineers
- Be part of a dynamic and fast-growing team delivering strategically important solutions for world-class customers
- Leverage best in class technologies and frameworks for building robust features in the product
- Add new features including Authentication and trust capabilities with all the latest protocols – SAML, OIDC (Login with Google etc), OAuth2– certificates, signing, encryption and so on.
- Deliver solutions in an iterative approach for an as-a-Service solution
Who You Are:
- Strong knowledge of OOPS, Design Concepts, Core Java including Concurrency, Serialization, Java Collections, development methodologies and quality processes
- Proficient with Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience in IDE such as Eclipse or IntelliJ Idea
- Strong debugging skills
- Proactive in doing research and come up with new ideas.
- Exposure to microservices and as-a-Service solutions (SaaS or PaaS)
- Exposure to integration technologies like XML, JSON, REST, SOAP
- Experience with DevOps is a plus
What You've Accomplished:
- 2+ years of related software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Development and implementation of microservice solutions
- Development of features around security standard protocols (Oauth 2.0, SAML, integration with IAM) or encryption of data is a plus
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accommodations – If you require reasonable accommodations in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us here.