Senior Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a member of Service Reliability Team (SRT), you will be a key member responsible for the reliability and availability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Handle alerts, incidents, service requests and changes within SLA. Own customer escalations
- Perform provisioning of new environments and upgrade of the Infrastructure components & Product application
- Troubleshoot and resolve customers environment issues along with root cause analysis and blameless post-mortems
- Influence product teams on defects, feature, and enhancement requests to help build scalable, reliable, observable, available and highly performant services
- Create, review, and update operational runbooks and Standard Operating Procedures
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancements with Engineering
- Identify the needs and build tools to automate repeated operational tasks and reduce toil
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business goals
- Participate in after hours on call rotation including weekend shifts
What You've Accomplished:
You are skilled in Cloud, Linux, Middleware and DevOps Technologies, and have accomplished the below:
- 5+ years of hands-on operational or engineering experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Java applications and Apache Tomcat application servers
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux Administration
- Experience with microservices architecture with Kubernetes, is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS). Exposure to additional public clouds such as GCP or Azure, a plus
- Experience with analyzing performance, using tools such as thread and heap dumps with a strong understanding of JVM memory structure and garbage collection concepts
- Experience in Bash/Shell, Python, or similar scripting languages to automate common tasks
- Eligible to work on FedRamp (US Citizenship)
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.