Java Software Engineer
Meet Our Team:
We are designing and building new generation of Pega's model-driven platform runtime, focusing specifically on data services tier. The team holds end-to-end ownership for delivering and running scalable, resilient and observable suite of services essentially providing functionality around dynamic schema management (MongoDB) and dynamically optimizing it for applications that are built in Pega model and run in multi-tenant environment. Exploiting concepts such as eventual consistency, sagas, sharding, just to name a few, are essential parts of our journey. While the technology is just a tool for tackling Pega platform domain challenging we try to rely on best inclass technology, tools and frameworks, including Kotlin (Coroutines), Spring, Spring Boot, Spring WebFlux, MongoDB, AWS/K8S/Docker/Helm. Taking care of operational tooling and observability (metrics, tracing, monitoring) is also crucial for the team to deliver reliable solution.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in end-to-end manner: from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, moving to technical design and implementation phase and wrapping it up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, combination of analytical (what’s the problem we are solving) and software architecture (what’s the best way to solve it in a distributed system) as well as all-around development (various technologies) and basic operation skills is desired.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Designing, developing, deploying and operating platform data services in fast-paced and innovative Agile working environment
• Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities
• Taking part in the process of refining, clarifying and turning high level platform business domain problems into technical solution and architecture
• Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools
Who You Are:
You combine creativity and drive with an understanding of the best industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You like team collaboration to brainstorm, plan and develop new features.
• 1+ years of professional experience
• Core Java or Kotlin development skills (& openness to other technologies)
• At least basic exposure to non-relational storage technologies (e.g. MongoDB) or cloud native and (micro) service architectures
What You've Accomplished:
Strong object-oriented design and development skills
• Solid understanding of SDLC
• Knowledge of algorithms and data structures. It would be an asset if you have
• Familiarity with Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes
• Deployment and operational perspective – monitoring, CI/CD, etc.
• Understanding distributed systems concepts such as scalability, resiliency, consistency
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.