Manager of Cloud Engineering
Meet Our Team:
The Cloud Engineering team is one of our most innovative and fast-moving groups. Comprised of multiple scrum teams, we deliver and support a large array of services that build up our Pega cloud service which enable our clients in deploying their Pega workflow management software quickly and cost effectively.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll drive teams, plan and prioritize deliverables in partnership with stakeholders such as Product Owners, Security Teams, and Sales. You will enable teams to navigate through challenges. We are looking at experienced managers to be force multipliers for their teams, someone who can prioritize effectively and be efficient in planning and deliverables. This is also your chance to get your hands on working on leading technologies such as EKS and Istio to solve interesting problems.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Drive the execution of highly scalable systems that will be cloud compatible, based on open standards and driven through APIs
- Bring in ideas around design patterns and implementation best practices, leverage best in class technologies for building robust and future proof capabilities in the product.
- Develop, inspire, mentor and evaluate engineering teams by recognizing and providing for individual technical training plans, career growth guidance, and continuous feedback
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers and global leaders to drive various initiatives
- Create an engineering culture of ownership, accountability and quality in line with the company values
- Foster creativity, innovation, trust, and empathy
Who You Are:
• You are an engineering manager who enjoys developing and growing talent. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have a high bar for engineering excellence with an ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams across engineering & product areas
• You’re looking to work within a culture that values urgency and teamwork in a collegial and supportive environment
• You have a proven track record of building and leading software engineering teams building scalable infrastructure services
• You are a skilled and influential people leader with ability to engage and motivate development teams
• You have significant development experience as an individual contributor with a broad knowledge and hands-on full stack experience
• You have a strong technical background that allows you to advocate for and support your engineers
• You have solid organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
• You have executed projects on agile/scrum based software development methodologies
• You have also taken a balance risk approach to deliver services to production.
What You've Accomplished:
- 8-10 years of experience in Infrastructure development, preferably in a product development company
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on engineering manager
- Experience delivering projects at scale using an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Developed high performing teams and nurtured a culture of excellence and understanding
- Good understanding of cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Good understanding and practice on Python, Ansible, Terraform/Helm, Cloudformation, etc.
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure design patterns in Compute, Networking, Storage, Security, and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD).
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and quality processes in an enterprise environment
- Good understanding of release planning and code management using Bitbucket, Jenkins, and Artifactory.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.