Senior Technical Documentation Specialist
Meet Our Team:
Pega’s Technical Documentation Team is seeking a highly motivated Technical Documentation Specialist to help us set a new vision for world-class content and documentation development. This position will be accountable for user and developer content development, milestone reporting, delivery of high-quality documentation and successful customer enablement results.
Who You Are:
You have demonstrable technical writing and editing skills with the ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively. You are also able to organize and present a range of technical material to a variety of audiences.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The Technical Documentation Specialist is responsible for authoring technical documentation for Pega applications. The Technical Documentation Specialist works with stakeholders across the global organization to assess needs, determine documentation plans and execute on those plans by authoring and publishing well written, effective, use-case based enablement content. This content addresses the needs of multiple audiences, including business users and technical implementers, enabling them to utilize the technology to solve their business problems. Content is deployed in various formats including knowledgebase articles, user guides, and context-sensitive product Help.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Design and implement comprehensive documentation solutions, for your assigned product area, to support product releases, including scope definition, requirements analysis, documentation plan design, hands-on analysis and testing and content authoring and publication.
- Provide thought-leadership to fellow team members and contributing members of the cross-functional organization, across business and technical project dimensions, in the design and implementation of technical documentation solutions.
- Work directly with project stakeholders to achieve agreement that proposed deliverables satisfy required business needs.
- Determine the best format (user guide, Help, knowledgebase article, etc.) to present information to support customer success.
- Evaluate software products and provide feedback to Product Management and Development teams as appropriate to improve internal functions and usability.
- Identify and make recommendations for process and tool improvements that increase the efficiency and productivity of the technical documentation team and provide leadership to contribute to their successful implementation.
- Identify gaps in documentation and build executable plans
What You've Accomplished:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of DITA and HTML
- Familiarity with object-oriented software development concepts and technologies
- Demonstrable technical writing and editing skills; ability to explain complex concepts and processes clearly and effectively
- Good communications skills in English
- CRM software experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Language Studies with additional certifications in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
Pega Offers You:
- The world’s most innovative organizations as referenceable clients.
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market.
- A highly collaborative environment for the design and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices for a few weeks.
- Attractive salary and benefits package (Medical Care, Group Insurance, Multisport Card, English lessons, and many more).
- Working in a friendly atmosphere in an international environment - in a very hi-tech new office with chillout and games rooms!
- Feeling the power of social spirit – we support many team and sports initiatives.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.