Senior Architect, Cloud Engineering
Meet Our Team:
As a member of one of the most innovative and fastest growing groups at Pega, you will work closely with talented engineers and product owners across the globe to build a highly scalable Software as a Service (SaaS) offering.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You are responsible for user story design, coding, testing and support, producing high quality technical solutions using technologies such as Pega, Java, containerization, and Amazon Web Services. The person in this role closely works with scrum team members, product owner, documentation engineers, support engineers etc.
What You'll Do at Pega:
Demonstrate strong leadership skills in order to be the technical lead for any project or a scrum team. This includes coming up with technical architecture, design, documenting and communicating the design to stakeholders and breaking down the work for a team to consume.
- Ability to produce code that meets engineering excellence standards with minimal oversight
- Experience implementing best practices
- Ability to design and implement features for maximum testability
- Ability to survey and evaluate external resources for third party tools, practices or components that could be leveraged for the solution
- Demonstrated presentation and white-boarding skills
- Work with the development teams to define an effective implementation plan for the architecture
- Demonstrated time management skills in order to prioritize work and follow through. Ability to identify when expected timelines are not going to met and communicate to their scrum master or manager
Who You Are:
- You are a skilled software architect, who has exposure and expertise across work full stack and passionate about exploring/applying solutions to help solve real business problems.
- You explore, understand, design and implement innovative concepts, architecture, design and code to build highly scalable products.
- You enjoy solving problems and have zeal to learn new technologies and processes.
- You adapt to changing requirements, technology choices and strive to deliver work at best quality.
- You enjoy exploring latest developments and best practices in software industry and apply them at work.
- You are good team player who puts team first, can collaborate with and guide other team members.
- You have active Agile/Scrum development methodology experience
- You take constructive feedback with open mind and work to continuously improve yourself.
- You are a self-starter and a self-learner.
- You are pro-active to take work and to explore new areas.
What You've Accomplished:
10+ years of experience in software engineering /architecture experience with 5+ years of experience in developing cloud-based solutions - preferably in a product development company.
- BS/Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a world-class university
- Solid experience with the SDLC.
- Worked with internal/external customers, product owners to understand problems and provide solutions.
- Extensive experience in developing highly performant, highly available large-scale systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Architecture/Design principles and patterns as well as anti-patterns.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Hands-on experience in writing code to build an end to end system with exposure to Full Stack Technologies in a Cloud Native Environment.
- Has breadth of experience across several domains or product areas.
- Very good communication, inter-personal and time management skills.
- Have been a great team influencer and a coach.
- Had been an active person in the technical/social circles. Some footprint of eminence or presence will be highly appreciated.
- Specific Experience/Certification in Java, GoLang, AWS/GCP/Azure and Kubernetes.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive ofpay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.