People Manager, Software Engineering
Meet Our Team:
Platform Service Engineering provides foundational services for the Pega as-a-service Platform, in the areas of seamless integration, fast access to data and asynchronous processing. We also enable other teams by providing tools and best practices around architecture, performance, resiliency and security. You would be joining our Krakow team and working with team members who are experts in the areas of Middleware Services, Security, Performance and Resiliency. MVP, Agile, and Microservices are part of our DNA and our daily routine.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
We need a People leader! A leader who understands that the most important part of a Manager’s job is people! People whom you will lead will always have to come as a priority for you. This is the most important thing to understand about this position.
What You'll Do at Pega:
• Build and maintain a strong collaborative and trusting relationship with your team, peers and other stakeholders,
• Motivate and develop existing talent as well as bring new talent to Pega,
• Promote the Pega brand on the market,
• Extend and scale our agile practice by partnering with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to empower and improve team dynamics and delivery,
• Partner with peer leaders to lead and support initiatives that invest in strengthening the organization and help each one become the best version of ourselves inside of Pega,
• Implement and influence Pega vision and roadmaps in your area of ownership and beyond,
• Help design, build, and evolve our Pega as a Service offering,
• Exercise and promote security and quality best practices in the teams,
• Step in and play a Scrum Master or a Product Owner role if at a time that’s a gap in the team,
• Be a living embodiment of our Pega Success Behaviors & Culture and lead the team by example.
Who You Are:
You are an effective communicator and collaborator with a drive for leading tech initiatives. Also, you have:
• Demonstrated urgency and initiative in achieving top quality results,
• Openness to new ideas and courage in proposing change,
• Desire for learning and practicing new skills to continuously grow and improve,
• Fluent English.
What You've Accomplished:
You are foremost a true leader. Also, you are a person with a technical background who understands well what team is working on and can help the team in technical aspects if necessary. That’s why you should have:
• 1-3 years of leadership experience, and understanding of management & leadership best practices,
• 6+ years of technical experience, ideally in areas of Software Development, Cloud, Security, Performance or similar.
Additionally, well-seen would be:
• AWS Associate level certification or equivalent knowledge,
• Experience working with Scrum or Kanban,
• Experience in all phases of Software and Service development.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- Competitive salary on permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that’s not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- Remote work during pandemic. Our modern office is located in Bonarka4Business Center. We hope you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.