Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Meet Our Team:
As a member of Service Reliability Team (SRT), you will be a key member responsible for the performance, reliability and availability of Pegasystems cloud service offerings. We operate as a global follow the sun 24x7 team with locations in Bangalore, Sydney, and the East Coast of the United States. We encourage a culture of diversity, openness, intellectual curiosity, problem solving, and consistently strive to create an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will have the opportunity to work on diverse problems and apply your expertise and experience to improve reliability of Pega Cloud Platform. You will take personal ownership of the systems you manage and possess the tenacity to delve to the root of the problem quickly, understand why it happened, and prevent it from reoccurrence. By collaborating and communicating with customers and internal stake holders, you will deliver best in class support.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Handle alerts, incidents, service requests and changes within SLA
- Perform provisioning of new environments and upgrade of the Infrastructure components & Product application
- Troubleshoot and resolve customers environment issues along with root cause analysis and blameless post-mortems
- Create and maintain operational runbooks
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancement testing with Engineering
- Identify opportunities for automation of repeated operational tasks and reduce toil
- Manage projects and able to adapt to changing business goals
- Participate in after hours on call rotation including weekend shifts
Who You Are:
- Proven professional and technical experience in an enterprise cloud environment supporting SAAS applications with a focus on operational delivery excellence and customer service
- You are self-motivated, inquisitive, and creative, with a passion for continuous improvement and excellent people skills
- Works well with cross-functional global and remote teams
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, techniques, and tools quickly to meet our business requirements
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, enterprise environment
- Possess customer obsession and proven empathy towards customers
- Must be eligible to support FedRAMP / earn a US Security clearance
What You've Accomplished:
- 3+ years of hands-on operational or engineering experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and tuning Java applications and Apache Tomcat application servers
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise scale Linux Administration
- Hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Deep understanding of cloud-based infrastructure, platform, and application operational administration - including product and platform upgrades, installations, backup, and recovery, monitoring and observability, etc.
- Expertise with analyzing performance, using tools such as thread and heap dumps with a strong understanding of JVM memory structure, garbage collection concepts and Application Performance Management (APM)
- Experience using New Relic or Dynatrace, a plus
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.