Cloud Development Engineer (Java, Big Data)
Meet Our Team:
Thousands of real-time decisions per second make you smile? Are you passionate about using cloud technologies to build highly scalable services? Join us and help in building a Customer Profile Service that manages and stores data needed for fast, real-time, AI-driven decisioning.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
By joining our team, you will participate in development of a Pega Customer Decision Hub platform, which was named in 2020 the best Real Time Interaction Management software in the world. It leverages big data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to allow companies to anticipate customer needs, predict their behavior and, ultimately, improve their engagement. In your daily work you will be using technologies like Java (11), Python, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, NewRelic, Artifactory, Git, DevOps, Linux.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively to design, develop, test, and document new cloud-based services,
- Build products that can be easily consumed in a CI/CD model in an Agile work environment,
- Drive changes to support our transformation to as-a-service,
- Identify, learn, and incorporate new technologies and methodologies into existing infrastructure and team development processes,
- Work within an Agile framework.
Who You Are:
You are an effective communicator and collaborator, demonstrating initiative at work. You have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in programming,
- Very good knowledge of Java,
- Very good cloud skills (AWS, GCE, Azure or similar),
- Hands on experience of Kubernetes,
- Very good knowledge of Unix systems along with container technologies (Docker),
- Very good command of English.
What You've Accomplished:
It would be an asset if you have experience with or knowledge of the following:
- noSQL database (Cassandra, DynamoDB or others),
- DevOps + Agile + MVP methodologies,
- Micro-services and Stateless Architectures,
- CKA (certified Kubernetes Administrator) or CKAD (Certified Kubernetes Application Developer) certification.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal trainings, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, rotation program.
- An inclusive, agile, and flexible work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other great things with us).
- Permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that’s not all).
- Possibility of remote work during pandemic. Later, you can work from our modern office in Krakow (Bonarka4Business Center) or in the hybrid mode. We hope you will enjoy Pega relax/game rooms and social/sports initiatives soon!
Inclusion and Diversity - Inclusive is one of our values at Pega. Pegasystems is committed to inclusion and diversity and strives to foster a fair and inclusive environment for all. We believe Pega can achieve more when we create a culture that inspires each of us to fully contribute each and every day. We encourage diverse thinking and collaboration for better outcomes for all. Learn more about our inclusive culture.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.