Senior Software Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Pega’s Runtime Engine Alliance delivers core capabilities to run our Clients’ Pega Applications and our Pega Cloud Services Business at scale. The next generation of Pega platform architecture that you will be developing uses cutting-edge cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, MongoDB, Elastic Search, etc. Our team develops Pega's high-throughput runtime platform and services which enables the cost-effective, performant, scalable, upgradable, reliable, and resilient operation of our offerings with a modern microservices-based architecture, best-in-class technologies, and a frictionless client experience, in order to support the $1B and growing client base on the Pega Engine.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in end-to-end manner: from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, moving to technical design and implementation phase and wrapping it up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, combination of analytical (what’s the problem we are solving) and software architecture (what’s the best way to solve it in a distributed system) as well as all-around development (various technologies) and operational skills is desired. You’ll be routinely involved in design and development with a key focus on distributed/cloud computing, concurrency, and performance for our cloud native runtime engine and its services.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Designing, developing, deploying and operating core runtime services in fast-paced and innovative Agile working environment.
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
- Taking part in the process of refining, clarifying and turning high level platform business domain problems into technical solution and architecture,
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools.
Who You Are:
You are a proven performer with a solid foundation in software development, including object-oriented design, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration. You are passionate about exploring new technologies, have an eye for software design and committed to putting your software development skills into practice building fit-for-purpose solutions. You are a thought leader who combines energy, creativity, and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-call industry practices to evolve the runtime engine that powers the Pega platform.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar degree is required
- 6+ years of professional Software Development experience
- Kotlin or Core Java development skills (& openness to other technologies)
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with, the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong object-oriented design and development skills
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to work on a Scrum team
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features
It would be an asset if you have:
- Familiarity with Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes, Docker
- Deployment and operational perspective – monitoring, CI/CD, etc.
- TDD, ATDD experience
- Understanding distributed systems concepts such as scalability, resiliency, consistency.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.