Principal Solutions Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Industry Applications Development (IAD) offers Out of the box industry solutions enabling our customers to rapidly deploy solutions, provide superior customer experience and help drive productivity and operational excellence.
IAD Foundations team is responsible for building highly scalable, reusable assets for various industries. The individuals are required to demonstrate deeper understanding of Industry standard Data models, visualize & empathize needs of customers vis-à-vis vertical apps, design robust / scalable solutions and build reusable assets. At present Foundations comprises of Financial Services, Health Care, Communications & Media and Insurance.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will be part of highly engaged teams designing and developing best-in-class solutions applying modern & cutting-edge technologies. This is your opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, creative and vibrant team to get your hands on leading technologies to solve interesting customers problems.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Leverage best in class technologies to drive the conversion of requirements into feature design, its implementation, testing, deployment and support.
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile team working in a Scrum model surrounded by fun loving talented engineers.
- Technologies you will work on – Pega Infinity and Java
- 70% Pega Application Development
- 20% Pega Application Design
- 10% Technical Leadership
Who You Are:
You are a software developer having experience in building large scale applications and passionate about exploring and applying this to help solve real business problems.
- 7 – 9 years of software development experience, preferably in Pega PRPC’s tool.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, passionate about learning new technologies.
- Who can work independently and also handle a team of 4-5 resources if required
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
- Ability to quickly connect business requirements to the functional capabilities of an application with a strong technical bent of mind.
- Proven ability to co-ordinate a diverse set of business users to develop cohesive and streamlined requirements, documentation and user acceptance criteria
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to shift directions quickly when priorities change, think through problems to come up with innovative solutions and deliver against very tight deadlines
- Be able to implement code that meets engineering excellence standard with minimal oversight.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
- Candidate must have good verbal and written communication skills and must be a fast learner.
What You've Accomplished:
- Designed functional, robust and scalable Java applications / framework
- Partner with internal clients, like Product Managers, to align business goals with implementation results.
Pega Offers You:
- Opportunity to work with world class teams, who are passionate about client success with mission of changing the way software is built
- Pega offers benefits that are aimed at keeping employees happy, healthy and productive https://www.pega.com/about/careers/benefits-and-culture
- Market leading technology in areas of Digital transformation, artificial intelligence and 1:1 Customer Engagement
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.