Senior Software Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Do thousands of real-time requests per second make you curious? Are you passionate about using cloud technologies to build highly scalable services? Do you have a passion for code optimization and performance tuning code? Are you all about complex coding/technical challenges and high-quality product development?Join our multi-disciplined and multicultural team in Amsterdam and help us to build services that can make millions of intelligent decisions per hour.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
By joining our team, you will participate in development of a Pega Customer Decision Hub platform, which was named in 2020 the best Real Time Interaction Management software in the world. It leverages big data analysis and artificial intelligence (AI) to allow companies to anticipate customer needs, predict their behaviour and, ultimately, improve their engagement.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- In collaboration with product leadership, define and articulate the architecture of the product -building on best in class technologies and deep understanding of the business needs
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain components of the core compute engine of decision support products in a fast-paced iterative development environment. You will be involved in every step of product development process
- As a member of a high performing team you are expected to have a keen interest in clean and efficient coding and be especially sensitive to performance bottlenecks and implications of any implementation decision. Themes like concurrency and multithreading, memory optimization and fast algorithms are what you will be dealing with on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software
- Provide technical assistance to advance the capabilities of products and resolve complex issues
- Observe results of your work deployed for thousands of customers on cloud
Who You Are:
If you want to build end-user facing software with care and finish and like to see the fruits of you labor work at scale, then maybe an opportunity at Pega is for you. We are looking for someone who has:
- Professional Java Development experience
- Object-oriented design and development skills
- Performance and quality driven mind-set
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience in state of the art and battle-tested enterprise architecture
- Familiarity with compiler optimization techniques and programming language implementation
- Experience with Continuous delivery (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
Pega Offers You:
- Modern office located in Amsterdam Zuid area
- Attractive salary, bonus and pension scheme
- 25 days of holiday
- Friendly, informal and multicultural atmosphere with more than 19 different nationalities
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work from home
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- A lot of interesting and challenging work
- Many opportunities of development –internal and external trainings, learning & self-growth opportunities (O'Reilly Learning, LinkedIn Learning, }GetAbstract,Udemy,Conferences etc.)•Game room and table tennis
- Hackathons and social events
- Fruit baskets & free drinks
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.