Principal Software Engineer (Java, noSQL)
Meet Our Team:
You will work in Search & Reporting product area providing core services and capabilities for full text search and business intelligence reporting powering Pega platform. There will be exposure to a bunch of noSQL related technologies used for implementing various data access patterns. You will be using Java/Kotlin, Elasticsearch, Git, Postgres, Docker, Guice, Gradle, Kafka, AWS. You will be a part of a technically mature, well integrated team with close co-operation with local Product Owner.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
You will join the team consists of experienced software engineers who are focused on highly scalable, low latency, high throughput java components that implement various data access patterns and persistency along with ensuring cloud-native compatible deployment model. The team owns solving domain problems in end-to-end manner. This starts from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, then moves to technical design and implementation phase and is wrapped up with production adoption.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively with team members to design, develop, test, and document features, including the design and development of high-quality software,
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
- Leverage Java and Pega’s platform for optimal development capabilities,
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools,
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team,
- Identify and create new ideas and improvements, present solutions to your colleagues, and mentor in software development topics.
Who You Are:
You combine creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You like to work collaboratively in a team to brainstorm, plan and develop new features.
What You've Accomplished:
- 7+ years of professional experience,
- Working experience with core Java,
- Knowledge of Java threading model and concurrency best practices,
- Strong object-oriented design (design patterns, clean code principles) and development skills,
- Solid understanding of, and practical experience with the Software Development Life Cycle,
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures,
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Kafka, AWS experience,
- Exposure to non-relational storage technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Elasticsearch).
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Many opportunities of development – internal and external training opportunities, area for own initiatives, Rotation Program.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- Remote work during pandemic. Our modern office is located in Bonarka4Business Center. We hope you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives soon!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.