Software Engineer (Kotlin, AWS)
Meet Our Team:
We are designing and building new generation of Pega's model-driven platform runtime, focusing specifically on data services tier. The team holds end-to-end ownership for delivering and running scalable, resilient and observable suite of services essentially providing functionality around dynamic schema management (MongoDB) and dynamically optimizing it for applications that are built in Pega model and run in multi-tenant environment. Exploiting concepts such as eventual consistency, sagas, sharding, just to name a few, are essential parts of our journey. While the technology is just a tool for tackling Pega platform domain challenging we try to rely on best in-class technology, tools and frameworks, including Kotlin (Coroutines), Spring, Spring Boot, Spring WebFlux, MongoDB, AWS/K8S/Docker/Helm. Taking care of operational tooling and observability (metrics, tracing, monitoring) is also crucial for the team to deliver reliable solution.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
The team is expected to own solving domain problems in end-to-end manner: from capturing specific assumptions and constraints, moving to technical design and implementation phase and wrapping it up with production adoption. All these involve engaging and communicating with internal stakeholders including cloud operations and applications teams. Therefore, combination of analytical (what’s the problem we are solving) and software architecture (what’s the best way to solve it in a distributed system) as well as all-around development (various technologies) and basic operation skills is desired.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Designing, developing, deploying and operating platform data services in fast-paced and innovative Agile working environment,
- Engage in platform level design and prototyping work to identify and define future functionalities,
- Taking part in the process of refining, clarifying and turning high level platform business domain problems into technical solution and architecture,
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools.
Who You Are:
You combine creativity and drive with an understanding of the best industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. You like team collaboration to brainstorm, plan and develop new features. You have:
- 1+ years of professional experience,
- Core Java or Kotlin development skills (& openness to other technologies),
- At least basic exposure to non-relational storage technologies (e.g. MongoDB) or cloud native and (micro) service architectures,
- Solid object-oriented design and development skills,
- Understanding of SDLC,
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Very good English.
What You've Accomplished:
It would be an asset if you have:
- Familiarity with Cloud (e.g. AWS) or Kubernetes,
- Deployment and operational perspective – monitoring, CI/CD, etc.,
- Understanding distributed systems concepts such as scalability, resiliency, consistency.
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Continuous learning and career opportunities – internal and external trainings opportunities, area for own initiatives, rotation program.
- Competitive salary on permanent agreement and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport, English & Polish lessons, Employee Assistance Program and that’s not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- Remote work during pandemic. Our modern office is located in Bonarka4Business Center. We hope you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sports initiatives soon!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.