Principal Cloud Development Engineer
Meet Our Team:
The Cloud Engineering, Platform Deployments and Data Services team designs and develops the highly available processes associated with the provisioning, configuration, installation, maintenance, upgrade, and deployment of the Pega Platform and its strategic and industry applications. Working in a collaborative environment, your familiarity of Kubernetes, Docker, RDBMS, Application Servers, coupled with excellent Java skills will help drive the future of our Pega Cloud and Client Managed Cloud solutions.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you’ll help us design and develop the next generation highly available deployment strategies leveraging cloud orchestration technologies like Kubernetes that will enable the latest releases of our software to be delivered to our clients seamlessly. This is your chance to get hands-on with leading-edge technology at a business, solving urgent, pervasive problems for some of the world’s most recognized and valued brands.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- As a senior cloud engineer on the team, you will work on designing and implementing solutions for making software changes to the underlying software without impacting our client’s end users.
- Ensure the Pega Platform is scalable and resilient by leveraging technologies like Helm, Kubernetes, and Docker ensuring end users are not impacted by infrastructure changes.
- Write Java code that will ensure the Pega Platform is cloud native and cloud provider agnostic.
Who You Are:
You have a high level of technical aptitude with a genuine eagerness to learn, explore and enhance Pega technology using your expertise in cloud technologies and object-oriented development. You are passionate about learning new technologies and enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment that values collaboration and teamwork. You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and thrive in a robust environment that imposes new challenges frequently.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s Computer Science degree with 8+ years professional experience or a Master's Computer Science degree with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Strong relational database experience.
- Experience developing highly scalable Java applications.
- Experience with testing frameworks and automation pipelines.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker containers.
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.