Business Development Manager - Software
Meet Our Team:
Our Business Development Team is an integral part of our global sales ecosystem, and sales career progression journey that prepares individuals to become Pega Account Executives! As a leader of the Business Development Team you will shape a new generation of professionals, help them realize their inner sales talent, and have a material impact on Pega’s ability to grow to $5B and beyond.
The Business Development Team partners with global sellers, driving top-of-the-funnel outcomes, and gaining the exposure necessary for a successful career in SaaS sales. If you’re looking for the opportunity to develop bright, emerging sales talent while progressing your own career as a sales leader then let’s talk!
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Being a leader at Pega means you are armed with intellectual and diverse resources to make you and your team successful. Your Reps will be armed with market-leading technology, best-in-class toolsets, and the world’s most innovative organizations like Ford, Santander Bank and Aflac as referenceable clients. If you’ve driven a car, swiped your credit card, applied for a loan, submitted a claim, or countless other things, then odds are you have experienced Pega. To ensure your experience at Pega is a great one, you will be immersed into a culture of collaboration, recognition, and inclusion as a valued member of the Pega employee leadership community.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Provide hand-on coaching and development of SDRs/BDRs to fulfill monthly lead and pipeline generation objectives
- Prepare team members to progress through our Career Progression Program, ultimately into Field Account Executive roles
- Conduct routine 1-on-1s, call shadow reviews, and ad-hoc enrichment workshops
- Contribute towards compensation planning, metric optimization and general team and program-level improvements
- Establish partnerships with sales and sales leadership to maintain alignment on business objectives and coaching approaches
- Leverage your analytical acumen to present routine and ad-hoc executive rollups to Senior Leadership
Who You Are:
You are an intelligent and highly motivated people leader energized by the opportunity to impact Pega’s global sales success. You have a charismatic and dynamic personality coupled with the ability to connect with early-career sales professionals motivated by different coaching approaches. The Business Development Manager will have an analytical aptitude, strong decision-making and conflict-resolution skills, and a natural ability to inspire a team to achieve success!
- Passionate about coaching and developing up-and-coming sales talent
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects as assigned by leadership
- Highly driven and results oriented
- Polished communicator capable of presenting ideas to senior leadership
- Exceptional with organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of technology sales experience with history of goal attainment
- 1-2+ years of management experience leading and developing sales teams
- Proven enterprise software sales skills with proficient understanding of SaaS
- Proven track record of consistent metric/quota attainment
Pega Offers You:
- ‘Pay-for-performance’ compensation model to keep our top talent energized and excited
- Private access to sporting events and concerts including Pega-sponsored Dropkick Murphy’s
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave for primary and secondary caregivers
- Unlimited vacation plus paid bereavement, sick and charitable-giving days
- 401k match and company equity programs
- Holiday parties, team dinners, happy hours, off-sites, and networking events
- Monthly and quarterly SPIFs, promotions, and contests
Flexible work-from-home days
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.