Senior Software Engineer
Meet Our Team:
Pega's 1-1 customer engagement solution – Customer Decision Hub (CDH) – re-defines how large enterprises interact with their customers' ever-changing needs across various channels. Imagine being able to engage customers en masse, but being contextual, relevant, and timely through the use of AI and machine learning to present truly rich user experiences. Our clients are building such experiences with our 1:1 customer engagement capability while maintaining a large ecosystem of tools to curate and deliver these digital experiences.
That’s a challenging set of expectations to meet. That’s where you come in.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Pega is changing the way the world builds software and how enterprises engage their customers. In this role as a founding member on the CDH Integration team, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, implementing, and testing the integration capabilities that will enable our clients in their efforts to deliver personalized experiences to their customers. This is your chance to get hands-on with leading-edge technology solving urgent and pervasive problems for some of the world's most recognized and valued brands.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Work collaboratively with fellow team members in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum development environment to architect, implement, and maintain integration capabilities in the CDH application. This will often involve close collaboration with other CDH teams, such as CDH Engine.
- Collaborate with product management to help define and align product goals with software deliverables. At the onset, this is an extremely vital portion of the position as you will work directly with the product manager to determine the scope and deliverables for the new team and its charter.
- Utilize your architecture and prior integration experience to infuse the team with the requisite knowledge and charter a path forward for integration capabilities within the application.
- Being one of the more experienced engineers in the team, team members will look to you for direction. This involves mentoring and leading by example, such as by writing clean, efficient, and maintainable Java code.
You will be focused on solving complex integration problems for our clients. In the short term, this involves defining and implementing a path forward to integrate the existing capabilities of our product with select other platforms. You will use this opportunity to get intimately familiar with our Next-Best-Action methodology, runtime engine, and channel integration capabilities. This will set you up to start defining and developing an SDK for third parties to develop and certify their own integrations without needing Pega’s direct technical involvement (except for certification).
Who You Are:
- You are a Java developer/architect passionate about software development and strive to find simple, elegant solutions to complex real-world business problems.
- You are a proven performer driven by code quality, cleanliness, maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- You are passionate about learning new technologies and are interested in utilizing the power of model-driven development to architect and implement low-code enterprise applications.
- You enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment that values collaboration and teamwork.
- You possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and thrive in a robust environment that imposes new challenges frequently.
- You enjoy solving business challenges with innovative and pragmatic technical solutions.
What You've Accomplished:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field
• 8+ years of experience working in an Agile software development environment
• Production software development experience in Java
• Experience using the following: REST API, SQL, Relational Databases, ESB, API management/gateway
• Experience working on customer-/partner-oriented projects, including evaluating use cases, proposing technical solutions, and describing the solution to various audiences
• Experience in selecting the right solutions and technology based on budget, existing architecture, and business needs
• Nice to have experience working with:
- CRM or digital marketing solutions
- Decisioning solutions or technology
- Customer analytics
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- WebSocket, OAuth
- Event stream processing, including Kafka
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.