Software Solutions Engineer
Meet Our Team:
This is an opportunity to join the growing Global Client Support (GCS) Team of Pegasystems. GCS delivers technical guidance and help resolve requests for one of the biggest and hottest brands in the world. This is an excellent time to learn new cutting-edge technology and work with a driven, international team in our expanding location in Krakow.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
Global Customer Support team works directly with Pegasystems’ staff, partners, and customers as they develop, test, deploy, and manage Business Process Management and Business Rules Engine applications through the entire product lifecycle. Senior Technical Solutions Engineers contribute their technical expertise and Pegasystems product knowledge in resolving complex technology challenges to help customers in meeting their business needs.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Exhibit strong technical acumen and desire to be ‘hands on’ in the product support process
- Become technically proficient with Pega platform
- Balance the requests of customers and readily adjust priorities to respond to business demands
- Ensure complaints, requests, and problems are addressed effectively and within appropriate time frame
- Organize information and relate and compare data from different sources
- Develop new insights into situations and apply creative and innovative solutions
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information that has varying degrees of complexity
- Reproduce in house when possible and file engineering tickets. Work with engineering and product management to prioritize as customer advocate to get resolutions in next release
Who You Are:
You are a person with strong technical and computer science background and willingness to learn and explore Pegasystems technology. You think independently, but also values teamwork as they design, develop, troubleshoot the customer issues. You also have:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Very good English skills
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role involving Java, J2EE and databases
- Exposure to administration of J2EE servers (Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic or JBOSS) and J2EE server software products, support with exposure to database concepts and administration
- Knowledge of Databases and SQL (specifically Postgres, Oracle, DB2, UDB)
- Website troubleshooting and use of browser developer tools
- Experience with Operating Systems (specifically Windows, Linux) as well as Interfaces and communications (specifically SOAP, MQ, JMS)
What You've Accomplished:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing log files and reports from both hardware and application sources
- Some experience in a web-application technical support role
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact in technical discussions
- Knowledge of Java would be beneficial
Pega Offers You:
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features.
- An ever-changing business landscape that adapts, scales and performs.
- A culture where employees engage deeply, own outcomes and lead from the front.
- Many opportunities of development – an extensive on-boarding training, budget for conferences, area for own training initiatives, possibilities of working in other global offices or with other local teams for a few weeks.
- Competitive salary and benefits package (bonus incentive, employee equity in the company, Medical and Group Insurance, Multisport/Cinema City Card, English lessons, Employee Assistance Program, and that’s not all).
- An inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment (you can use our DYI lab, volunteer, or do other awesome things with us).
- A hi-tech new office located in Bonarka4Business Center. We are sure that you will enjoy our relax/game rooms and social/sport initiatives (e.g. team events; yoga classes; volleyball, squash trainings, and many more)!
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
(all fields are required)
Already a member? Log in.