Sr. Director, Applications Development
Pegasystems is looking for a dynamic, forward thinking executive to collaborate with the technology leadership team in its, ever increasing quest to bring great value to the business. We aim to improve the user experience, streamline business processes for accuracy and scale, deliver increased functionality, while ensuring a compliant and secure landscape. You will align with the leaders of business teams, product engineering, and digital leaders across the organization to drive meaningful change while advancing technologies running on the Pega Platform.
As the Senior Director of IT Applications, you will be accountable for the application platform(s) operations, strategy, and technical resourcing globally. You will be a Thought Leader, across the organization solving complex Business problems. Set global technology strategies and roadmap for IT systems. Ensure Pega is intelligently leveraging its IT application investments to its fullest potential. Demonstrate forward thinking ideas to solve problems with the use of different technologies to support these efforts. Partner with and provide guidance and support across the Pega global business community in order to streamline Applications Operations.
- Own oversight of the IT Application Portfolio, including but not limited to: designing solutions, demand management, ensuring quality and consistency across the platform, defining requirements, operating in accordance to OLAs and SLAs, managing budgets, and leading gap-analysis
- Manage the IT portfolio, including, but not limited to: understanding and managing technical debt, ensuring compliance and security; and meeting internal and regulatory requirements
- Lead the generation of a solution roadmap for IT Application platforms in alignment with business direction, taking into account cost and prioritization
- Collaborate with peers in to apply best practices in integration and represent Enterprise Applications during envisioning sessions with other IT groups
- Directly manage 5-6 IT professionals, with oversight of a larger team comprised of over 40+ employees, contractors, and external service providers
- Resource planning and development, build team skill matrix, and manage team’s workload
You are a team player with a results-focused attitude and demonstrated experience in technology management. Your expertise includes a strong sense for process optimization, knowledge of intelligent systems design, a thorough understanding of agile development methodologies. You can provide thorough technical oversight across a range of development and business departments and ensure best practices are upheld through building strong relationships and staff management.
You are a seasoned global Leader in the Digital transformation field. You have a strong business acumen with extensive experience managing business automation initiatives / business systems architecture. Minimum 15 years’ experience in software product management or application management, with a minimum of 8 years in a technical leadership role (Engineering/Product Development Management, Technical Architect, Technical Project Lead)
- Ability to rationalize an application portfolio and perform build vs buy assessments
- Experience leading global teams
- Ability to achieve Pega Certification within 3 months of joining Pega
- Strong experience in assessing and managing project risk, and driving tactical objectives in an assertive, fast-growing, dynamic IT organization
- Extensive experience defining, designing and delivering enterprise scale systems
- Experience with integration technologies and database applications including, but not limited to: SOAP, REST, Oracle, Cassandra, MS/SQL and/or Message Queues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical resources
- Experience partnering with different parts of the organization
- Employee and 3rd party management (including outsourced and offshore resources) required; global team leadership experience preferred
- Possess strong technical skills to manage and solve complex technical issues
- Experience with instituting Agile Development across the team
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + Bonus incentive and Employee Equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.