Sr. Account Executive - New Jersey State & Local Government (SLG)
Searching for your dream job? At Pega, we empower state government agencies, cities and counties to rapidly deploy and easily extend and adapt applications to meet strategic business needs. Over its 35-year history, Pega has delivered award-winning capabilities in CRM and digital process automation (DPA), powered by advanced artificial intelligence and robotic automation, to help the world’s government agencies, cities and counties to achieve breakthrough program results and drastically improve outcomes.
As a State & Local Government (SLG) Sr. Account Executive, you will focus on growing new revenue through strategic, relationship-based selling, a hunter mentality, and educating prospective and current customers on the value of Pega. Our most successful Account Executives have a track record of exceeding quota, acting as trusted partners to clients, and being passionate teammates.
*Position is 100% remote. Prefer candidates residing in NJ but will consider Philadelphia area, Delaware and Suffolk County NY.
Pega is changing the way the world builds software and you will help customer realize the benefits. In this role you will showcase the world's most innovative organizations who are using Pega, to win business within the SLG marketplace.
- You sell the Pega Government Platform and become a trusted advisor to C-Suite, AIO, Deputy Director and other Government leaders
- You engage with clients at all points of the sales cycle - including prospecting, product demonstrations, on-site presentations through close
- You drive net-new revenue growth through new logo acquisition and expansion of current accounts
- You educate clients on packages and options applicable to their situation, demonstrating how features and benefits match their needs
- You develop and execute strategic plans for your territory and create reliable forecasts
- Statewide travel 50-75% is required
- You are known for your strong work ethic
- You thrive in a competitive, collaborative environment
- You have experience navigating CRM, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other prospecting applications
- You have proven a consistent record of hitting and exceeding quotas
- You love closing complex, consultative deals
- You have a solid understanding of government procurement
- BA/BS degree or equivalent business experience
- 8 – 10 + years of direct sales experience
- A high achiever in complex software sales used to long sales cycles
- Success in a sales environment and domain expertise in State & Local Governments (strong preference for NJ but will consider NY/PA/DE and other northeast SLG experience)
- Gartner and Forrester Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Fast-paced, exciting, collaborative, and rewarding sales environment within innovative industries
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission targets and Pega equity
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.