Principal Systems Engineer - Cloud
Service Reliability Implementation team is part of Service Reliability Team and is involved in provisioning and upgrading applications hosted on Pega Cloud Services. This team works 24X7 and are situated across the regions. This team is responsible for infrastructure upgrades, platform upgrades, provisioning and decommissioning following the standard process.
This team works directly with clients, internal teams and stakeholders to achieve the common goal of customer success.
This team is skilled in AWS Cloud, Linux OS, Middleware, Scripting and Automation like Python and Shell scripting, Networking, Java / JEE fundamentals, DevOps Tools and Technologies.
Pega has enhanced the way clients can manage and use their application, in this role you will be helping the customer achieve their application performance and usability to top notch quality with world class support. Leverage and learn new technical skills being part of service reliability team.
- Handle all Service Requests, Changes and release to resolve them within agreed SLA
- Perform Provisioning of new environments and Upgrade of the Product
- Work with Engineering towards resolving issues in the execution of the upgrade/provisioning activities
- Participate in testing of pre-release product enhancement testing with Engineering
- Work on automation and proactively build solutions win team to enhance the current process.
- Provide feedback on bugs and customer experience enhancements
- Look out for opportunities to streamline the current process.
You are a member of Service Reliability team who is skilled Cloud, OS, Middleware and DevOps Technologies.
- 6 - 8 years of Hosting and/or Cloud native monitoring services and production support experience
- Managing Servers and application stack in Cloud preferably in PaaS, SaaS in any of the environments such as AWS, Open Stack and/or Azure
- Experience working in Cloud monitoring solutions on Infrastructure Application, OS, Network, dockers and Java based applications
- Good if knowledge in different monitoring tools – Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios, DataDog and others
- Experience in geographically distributed systems
- Experience in configuration automation tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Python, Go )
- Intermediate to expert level experience in Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat, Cassandra, Kafka
- Good if knowledgeable on basic understanding on DB skills on PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Develop, deploy, manage and maintain monitoring solutions for Pega Cloud Hosted customer application and infrastructure services.
- Understanding the requirements from different teams on monitoring requests, and troubleshooting and analyzing the issues across the Cloud, Middleware and DevOps Stack
- Partner with internal clients, like Security, Provisioning, Product Support to align business goals with implementation results.
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.