User Support Technician
As a member of the User Support team, you will play a pivotal role in helping the Pega employees/contractors, resolve their IT issues and providing local support of which includes Desktop OS, messaging, networking, and various hardware configurations.
As a User Support Technician, you provide timely response and resolution for internal technical support requests. Primary request areas include; HW and SW troubleshooting, ‘how to’, installations, and new employee/equipment setup. Image new and existing hardware pre-deployment, setup user profiles and assist with data migration as needed. Troubleshoot network (TCP/IP) client configuration and connectivity issues primarily for email, printer access, VPN, and WIFI escalating as required.
- Image new and existing hardware pre-deployment, setup user profiles and assist with data migration as needed.
- Follow established procedures for imaging, hardware deployment, software installation, password resets, media distribution, loaner equipment, customer handling and escalation protocols
- Troubleshoot network (TCP/IP) client configuration and connectivity issues primarily for email, printer access, VPN, and WIFI and escalating to Network Operations.
- Offer Tier 2 technical support to other members of the Help Desk staff.
- Handle advanced troubleshooting calls.
- Work with Systems Administrators and other members of the IT team on internal projects when necessary
- Participate in both local and global projects.
Are you currently considered the go-to person in your current technical support organization? We are looking for you – a top performer who possess a broad range of technical troubleshooting skills, is comfortable working with end-users in pressure situations, and demonstrates the desire for continuous learning and development.
- Gained hands on experience in Laptop build process supporting Windows & Mac OS
- 2-3 Years’ experience in desktop support
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Office, Visio, Project, Outlook, etc.) and working knowledge of Active Directory roles.
- Some knowledge of Apple Macintosh Operating Systems (MacOsx) and Applications
- Exposure to PC/Mac hardware, troubleshooting and repair
- Exposure to desktop support utilities such as Symantec anti-virus and spyware removal tools
- Knowledge of VPN, WIFI and other remote access methods
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.