Project Manager, Enterprise Applications
We are looking for an exceptional Project Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will serve as a trusted advisor and work with a diverse team of Product Managers, Business Transformation Consultants, Development Managers, Developers, Testers, and UI/UX team to define and manage cross-functional initiatives within the Business Operations Team (BOT). The insights you deliver to Business Operations Stakeholders will provide key performance metrics and actionable findings required for the business to meet its Strategic Imperatives and Execution Initiatives.
We are transforming our enterprise applications that manage critical master data and lead-to-cash process to align with the as-a-Service business model. In this role you will have an opportunity to manage some of the Pega’s strategic projects such as “Contract renewals and forecasting”, “Client on-boarding and software provisioning” and drive towards the vision of providing end-to-end automation using Pega technologies.
The Project Manager will be part of the IT enterprise application development team that comprises of multiple product managers and development managers who manage technical architects, developers and QA resources. IT application development team works closely with business stakeholders and Business Process Transformation (BPT) team to understand business challenges (feature gaps and bugs/issues), break them down into actionable milestones and deliver them iteratively. Individual applications are managed by the product manager; we are looking for a seasoned project manager to manage larger initiatives that impact multiple business and application teams. You are the glue that brings it all together.
You will also have an opportunity to interact and share knowledge with senior management, other project and product managers who are working on initiatives for sales, marketing, education, training, customer service functions. This will tremendously help to evolve your future career path into other roles.
You will be focused in understanding few critical cross functional initiatives (projects), putting together plans with dependencies (tasks, resources and timelines), identify clear milestones with business benefits and manage them to completion. This will include change management, risk management, issue management (keep track of open issues and driving to completion across cross-functional teams). Precisely, you will be a connector and facilitator of work between different teams and always bring them on the same page.
- Break complex initiatives into multiple milestones that can be delivered iteratively with CLEAR BUSINESS OUTCOMES.
- Partner with Product Managers and Business Transformation Consultants to understand, plan, manage multiple initiatives within Lead to Cash process (master data management, contract/order management, software delivery, billing/revenue reporting) in the Business Operations Team and DELIVER RESULTS.
- Understand how to provide ACCURATE and the RIGHT LEVEL of information to RIGHT AUDIENCE at the RIGHT TIME. Collect necessary information from stakeholders, make decisions and communicate them to maintain transparency.
- OWN the complexity of tasks, SIMPLIFY the message and AVOID unnecessary escalation and meetings.
- Provide multiple options to team in order to resolve any deadlock during project execution
- Organize and chair a monthly senior leadership meeting, providing updates on all major projects and initiatives across the Business Operations Portfolio.
- Get hands dirty – think project management task as solving an analytical problem and be ready to demonstrate any feature live with minimal help.
- Learn lessons and share them with team in each project, use them to plan and execute better in future
You are an accomplished project management professional who has a track record of leading large and complex IT projects. Your core strength is your ability to work with people across multiple teams, roles and leadership levels and align them in project goals, plan, status and risk on a regular basis and then ultimately delivering results by overcoming challenges. Your qualifications include:
- +7 years of project management experience with IT projects, and at least 5 years specifically with Enterprise Systems
- Exceptional operational and finance acumen, with a keen purpose in leveraging metrics to promote transparency and driving efficiencies through well-defined processes
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills in managing cross functional projects in a resource matrix environment.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills; the ability to deliver insights and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives
- Experience with typical Project Management tools
- Demonstrated skills in leveraging data visualization tools, such as Tableau or Power BI, to establish KPIs, operational and financial transparency.
- Deep understanding of Project Management Methodologies and ability to navigate between Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid projects.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- +7 years of experience working in a large global environment.
- +3 years of experience working in senior project manager role
- BS degree in an IT related field; MBA or Computer Science is a plus
- PMP, scrum certification is a plus
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.