Industry Applications Development (IAD) offers Out of the box industry solutions enabling our customers to rapidly deploy solutions, provide superior customer experience and help drive productivity and operational excellence.
Industry Application Development – Accelerated Apps team works on cross industry solutions to quickly build apps which demands an urgent need in a specific space as per the business requirements. These apps would be of good design practices providing the customers to easily extend and implement as per their requirements.
Pega is changing the way the world builds software. In this role, you will be part of highly engaged teams designing and developing best-in-class solutions applying modern & cutting-edge technologies. This is your opportunity to be part of a highly engaged, creative and vibrant team to get your hands-on leading technologies to solve interesting customers problems.
Solutions Engineer – Developer is the position offered. In this position the candidate is responsible for developing & maintaining the different Industry specific accelerated applications.
- Work on apps which are pre-built microjourney(s) that are packaged and documented to be used as a working sample or starting point for deploying a solution using standard capabilities of Pega Platform apply to specific use case.
- Contribute to design and development of features enabling customers to differentiate themselves from competitors and driving them to stay ahead
- Visualize scenarios, needs of vertical apps and design robust models
- Identify and assess the impact of an enhancement or a change across multiple vertical apps (consuming) and drive an optimal solution.
- Adopt best design / coding practices supporting backward compatibility, seamless cloud upgrades generating optimal performance.
- Carry out PoCs / spikes for use cases dealing with complex scenarios
- Adapt to frequent change
- Exhibit a commitment to continuous learning and development
- Work in strict timeframes and meet aggressive deadlines
- Work as part of a collaborative team with mindful of good software development patterns and practices surrounded by fun loving talented engineers
A result oriented individual, driven with passion and ability to explore solutions and solve complex customer problems.
- 2-4 years of software development experience, preferably working experience on Pega’s PRPC tool.
- BE or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Strong PRPC technical skills, preferably Pega 7 and above. Participates in design and development of features
- Strong debugging knowledge using Pega & other tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills & good analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate learning skills
- Exposure to integration technologies like XML, JSON, REST, SOAP
- Demonstrates customer empathy, willing to adopt best practices ensuring delivered work exceeds customer ever changing demands
- Working experience in different domains like Insurance, Healthcare, Financial Services.
- A creative problem solver – passionate to analyze, identify and solve problems
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to design solutions to simple to medium complex problems/use cases using Pega Marketing and decisioning technologies
- Thorough understanding of (Pega based) applications’ architecture you have previously worked on
- Ability to think and code fast independently with little hand holding and mostly driven with self- initiation
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- A highly collaborative environment for the designing and development of new ideas and features
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay + bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.